Re: [luf-team] Re: Welcome Tony :o)

  • Iain Hallam
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2006
      Jeremy Noyes wrote:
      > The Next Step: Obviously even an unofficial organization that exists
      > primarily on the Internet should have a decent website. We don't and
      > while its been said multiple times, no one seems to be able to find
      > the time

      That's the main problem, I think.

      > or to gain access to the groups domain names to get the job
      > done.

      I have access to the key domains - luf.org, livinguniverse.org,
      distant-star.org/info and millennial.org; fmf.org is still controlled by
      Thor. The ones listed above are now hosted on my personal account, with
      500MB space and 5GB bandwidth per month. Distant-star.com expired a
      while ago.

      > Distant Star writings since they were never filed with copyright
      > protection are in the public domain, though you should still cite the
      > authors to be polite.

      Not true - any writing, unless specifically assigned to the public
      domain, is copyright protected to the author. If they assigned copyright
      to the Foundation, it is debatable where that copyright now rests;
      IANAL, but it is arguably back with the original authors.

      - Iain.
      (Still kicking around...)
    • RanulfC@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2006
        (Sorry for the delay Tony, it's been 'that' kind of month and then some)
        Jeremy has answered your questions I hope and your getting up to speed on
        the archive I also hope. Feel free to dive in and take a shot whenever you get
        the chance.

        Again, Welcome

        Randy