Re: [luf-team] Re: LUF Book Online

  • RanulfC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 13, 2005
      mad_scientist wrote:
      >One good extra chapter would be a combination of Bifrost and Aquarius,
      >putting a space elevator platform at the center of Aquarius.

      If Eric still has it somewhere, you might look for "Space Elevator Visions"
      which he wrote. Does quite a nice job at being said chapter :o)

      But we really need to include all current and possible systems too. There is
      a lot out there, such as Laser Launch, or surf-launched rockets etc.

      Randy

    • Eric Hunting
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 15, 2005
        on 10/14/05 3:58 PM, luf-team@yahoogroups.com at luf-team@yahoogroups.com
        wrote:

        > Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 01:48:33 EDT
        > From: RanulfC@...
        > Subject: Re: Re: LUF Book Online
        >
        > mad_scientist wrote:
        >> One good extra chapter would be a combination of Bifrost and Aquarius,
        >> putting a space elevator platform at the center of Aquarius.
        >
        > If Eric still has it somewhere, you might look for "Space Elevator Visions"
        > which he wrote. Does quite a nice job at being said chapter :o)
        >
        > But we really need to include all current and possible systems too. There is
        > a lot out there, such as Laser Launch, or surf-launched rockets etc.
        >
        > Randy

        Here is the URL for that old article;

        http://www.angelfire.com/mac/docs/Space_Elevator_Visions.html

        You may have to first connect to http://www.angelfire.com alone before
        trying the above URL. The article was meant as a forum discussion piece for
        the Space Elevator forum (though few people there bothered to read it...) so
        isn't very well organized and current space elevator projects now assume an
        initial ribbon based structure rather than a cable based one. It does offer
        a rough impression of what Aquarius would be like as a downstation for a
        space elevator and intermodal transit nexus for that and illustrates how a
        Space Elevator program would naturally evolve into a marine colony.

        Eric Hunting

        hunting@...