Re: SEE-1 -- 8/2/2

  • jdr7181
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
      --- In luf-team@y..., "RLCrews" <crews123456@a...> wrote:
      > Hot
      >
      > SEE-1 report for Friday, August 2, 2002

      <snip>

      > I ate a couple of grasshoppers this afternoon, had a glass of iced
      > mint tea, and generally enjoyed the ambiance. (I didn't really eat
      > any grasshoppers, but I'm thinking about it.)

      How is the tea and can you post a good mint tea recipe? I mean how
      much mint do you use to flavor the water? Do you boil the water or
      just add the shredded leaves to cold water, then add ice?

      Jack
    • crews123456@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
        I put a few leaves in a cup of water and bring it to a boil.
        The I let it sit and cool for a few minutes.
        I put in a pinch of sugar and a few drops of lemon juice -- it's a very
        delicate taste.
        And then I add about a cup of ice to bring it down, when dilute, to icy cold
        with a few small bergs of ice floating in it.
        You can't eat anything with it -- too delicate.
        But when it is prepared right, it is absolutely ambrosial.

        Richard Crews