Re: [luf-team] SEE-1 -- 3/29/2

  • Richard Crews
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
      Re: [luf-team] SEE-1 -- 3/29/2
      The original quote is from --

      Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night
      (This villenelle by Dylan Thomas was written about 1937)

      Do not go gentle into that good night,
      Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

      Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
      Because their words had forked no lightning they
      Do not go gentle into that good night.

      Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
      Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

      Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
      And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
      Do not go gentle into that good night.

      Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
      Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

      And you, my father, there on the sad height,
      Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
      Do not go gentle into that good night.
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

      Richard

      Is it:

      "Go not quiet into that dark night.
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light!"? Or are we thinking of two
      different works?

      J. Steven Dodge, LMP
      Blind Dog Enterprises

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
        Re: [luf-team] SEE-1 -- 3/29/2
        Okay, that sounds like the one I heard, in part, years ago. Thanks Richard.

        J. Steven Dodge, LMP
        Blind Dog Enterprises

        Are you one of the 44 Million people without Health Insurance? If so, my company may be able to help you. No pre-qualifying. No age limits. No lifetime maximum. Prescription, dental, chiro, and other coverages available or included.   mailto:jsdlmp@...

        Over 30 Million Products. http://jsdlmp.mybigplanetusa.com