[OT] fish processors Re: [luf-team] Luddite Environmentalism

  • Ryan Curtis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hi all, this is slightly offtopic but it reminds me of a funny story from my
      youth. Back in the '80's during my term with HM Forces etc a buddy and I
      had a game that we played whilst on leave. Wherever we went we thought it
      highly entertaining to pretend to be anything other than what we actually
      were. So we would occasionally masquerade as test pilots for NASA, harrier
      jump jet pilots (cutting edge in them days - I think 'Top Gun' had just come
      out), South African ranchers, Rhodesian SAS (despite the fact that Rhodesia
      had ceased to exist some years earlier) ..... the girls in the bars just
      lapped it up.

      Anyway, one weekend we were in a bar in Hamburg and we decided on a whim
      that we were Icelandic fishermen working on one of the factory ships. This
      all went really well and my mate met this really nice German girl, a school
      teacher ... he went out with her for 6-months before she found out that he
      was neither Icelandic nor a fisherman :) They got married a few months
      later and 15 years later are still together.