Re: [luf-team] Atoll numbers (thinking aloud)

  • Robert Segraves
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2012
      I keep thinking that all of the these visions rely on a HUGE amount of technology to come to realization.  I try to roll my mind forward as I think of these visions, knowing that they rely on a huge amount of technology and these technologies require time and energy to perfect.  Do w have the time before the energy is so scarce that we can't build the visions we have? Can we focus on perfecting technologies that can produce huge amounts of power from the sun so that we have not need to fossil fuels to power the industries that we would need to create OTEC plants and PSPs?  Can we focus on motivating industrial forces to take on the task of using our now dwindling fossil fuels to build the solar power systems like the curved array in Adulusia, Spain.  Can we stop the political hacks in DC from throwing good money after bad to shore up the falter oil industry so that money can be channel to renewables -  May these should be our near term goals so that we can realize our visions?