File - LUF List and Forum Rules

  • luf-team@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 1, 2010
      ===LUF List and Forum Rules===

      1: Remember that there is a person on the other end of your conversation and be considerate in your words. Be excellent to one another.

      2: Respect other people's time and bandwidth. Try to clip replies in post to eliminate unnecessary work.

      3: Help keep flame wars under control

      4: Respect other people's privacy. If people want to share personal information then that is their responsibility just as it is your responsibility respect their decision not to.

      5: Be forgiving of other people's mistakes. The LUF represents people from many fields and with many experience levels including people who are only here for information exchange.

      6: Don't type in all caps or, if using a rich text editor, all bold since many people take that to be yelling.

      7: Whenever possible use proper grammar and spelling. We are not all English majors or great spellers but do your best. Spell check is your friend.

      8: Hold yourself to a high standard by trying to keep foul language, personal insults and sarcasm out of the group.

      9: Whenever possible provide links to information you provide. It helps the process if we have links we can study.

      10: Marshall Savage has requested that people do not contact him. Respect his need for privacy
    • luf-team@yahoogroups.com