December update

  • Lucy Snyder
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2001
      Hi, all!

      Well, December has begun well. The weather is mild, and last
      week I made several poetry sales. SNOW MONKEY
      (http://www.ravennapress.com/snowmonkey/) is going to run my
      poem "Modernism" in one of their upcoming issues. A new
      magazine, FULL UNIT HOOKUP
      (http://members.aol.com/FullUnitHookup/index.html), is buying
      my poems "Real Life" and "soft armies".

      Of the latter piece, editor Mark Rudolph says that "[soft armies] is
      a madcap poem, filled with images of sex and gender war ... I
      hear echoes of Aristophanes' comic play _Lysistrata_, and the
      'butter kittens' and palindromes remind me of Anne Sexton in her
      most playful poems."

      I guess that means he likes it. ;-)

      I got another bit of good news last week: editor Ellen Datlow
      contacted me to tell me that my short story "Through Thy Bounty"
      (which was part of my recent reading in Yellow Springs, OH) has
      made the Honorable Mentions list for the next edition of THE
      YEAR'S BEST FANTASY AND HORROR.

      "Through Thy Bounty" was originally published in THE
      MIDNIGHTERS' CLUB edited by Ron Horsley; copies are still
      available at
      http://www.buybooksontheweb.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-0632-2

      Also, for those of you who missed my Cybling Chat, the transcript
      is available at http://www.cybling.com/artists/snyder.html

      Cheers,
      Lucy S.
      --