Steampunk World

  • lucynews-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2013
      Hello everyone,

      I'm really excited to be part of the forthcoming STEAMPUNK WORLD collection with Jay Lake, Ken Liu, Nisi Shawl, Alex Bledsoe, Rochita Loenen-Ruiz, Nayad A. Monroe, Lucien Soulban and editor Sarah Hans. My story, "The Leviathan of Trincomalee" was a fun challenge for me because I'd never written steampunk before, and I rarely write historical fiction. My story is set in Ceylon (Sri Lanka) in 1886 and features a Tamil girl genius protagonist dealing with submarines, sharks ... and something even worse lurking in the depths of the Indian Ocean.

      The anthology is being funded through a Kickstarter campaign that you can find here:

      http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stevensaus/steampunk-world-a-multicultural-steampunk-fiction

      In other news, my short story "Abandonment Option" recently appeared in the anthology WHAT FATES IMPOSE:
      http://fates.alliterationink.com

      And my story "Jessie Shimmer Goes to Hell" recently appeared in the anthology MANIFESTO UF:
      http://amzn.to/18leuBZ

      And my story "Magdala Amygdala" was translated into Japanese for the magazine NIGHT LAND:
      http://www.trident.ne.jp/j/NL/mag/72013.html

      -Lucy