My third novel will be out on December 27th

  • lucynews-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2011
      Hello everyone,

      My third novel, Switchblade Goddess, will be in stores on December 27th ... this book picks up right where Shotgun Sorceress left off. The story features the continued adventures of Jessie Shimmer, her familiar Pal, Cooper Marron, and The Warlock.

      http://www.sff.net/people/lucy-snyder/switchblade.html

      The novel has gotten some good praise so far:

      "Snyder injects this edgy urban fantasy with an erotic charge and a horrific flavor, creating a space where sex and terror coexist and no comfort zone is within sight."
      - Publishers Weekly

      "Lucy Snyder attacks the page with the raw, manic intensity of an early Sam Raimi. This book is funny, profane, and insane in all the best ways."
      - Seanan McGuire

      Yes, the reviewer at PW and Seanan McGuire did read the same book! The humor in my fiction is often pretty dark, and can read as horror if a person doesn't share my admittedly somewhat twisted sensibilities. And that's fine; I'm all about alternate interpretations.

      Scribd is featuring a free 55-page excerpt of the book that you can read online or download:

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/75874469/SWITCHBLADE-GODDESS-by-Lucy-Snyder-Excerpt

      And, if you'd like to enter a contest to win a free copy of the novel, head on over to Goodreads:

      http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/17860-switchblade-goddess

      The giveaway closes on January 6th.

      Happy reading!