Book news & event updates

  • lucy_snyder
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      Okay, first the bad news: Gary Braunbeck and I have had to cancel our signing/reading at the Borders Books in Camp Hill, PA next week and also our participation in Confluence in Pittsburgh next weekend.

      If you've been following the status updates on my personal Facebook account, you know that Gary and I spent most of June and the first part of July battling influenza. An unfortunate side-effect of that is that we've fallen way behind on deadlines (and everything else) so the events just aren't feasible.

      But now ... the good news!

      Azbooka has acquired Russian language rights to my novel Spellbent :) It even looks like they might do a hardcover ... the contract calls for them to publish the book within 18 months after the papers are signed. I'll be very interested to see the final product.

      On the events front, we still have several readings and workshops coming up.

      On August 18th at 7:00 pm at the Upper Arlington Library in Columbus, OH, Gary and I will be giving a talk entitled "You cut my semicolon ... I want a divorce!" This will be a lighthearted, practical discussion of what happens when two writers not only collaborate on fiction but also live together in marriage. Afterward we will have a Q&A to answer people's burning questions, should they have any.

      We'll both be Context 23 in Columbus, OH on August 27-29, 2010. I'll be leading a workshop on writing urban fantasy ... there are still about a dozen seats available:

      http://www.contextsf.org/workshop.htm

      And finally, we'll both be at the World Fantasy Convention here in Columbus in late October:

      http://www.contextsf.org/WFC/

      -Lucy
      http://www.lucysnyder.com