August book specials & new releases

  • Lucy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 6:23 PM
      Hi everyone,

      I hope you're all having a good summer!

      For the month of August only, all orders of the signed, limited-edition hardcover of my new book, Chimeric Machines, will include a free copy of the Bram Stoker award-winning hardcover anthology Five Strokes to Midnight.

      This offer will run through August or until Chimeric Machines sells out (only 50 copies of Chimeric Machines were printed, and I believe there are about 20 left).

      For more information and to place your order, visit:

      http://www.creativeguypublishing.com/

      Chimeric Machines has been getting some pretty good reviews around the Web:

      "(This) may be the best collection of poetry I've read in years ... There is not one poem in Chimeric Machines that doesn't fit in place like a delicately carved piece of a complex and consuming puzzle. ... There is no other writer working today quite like Lucy A. Snyder."
      Read more at:
      http://hellnotes.com/chimeric-machines-book-review/

      "Snyder is a massively talented writer -- the sort who knows how to make you take a gulp when you hit the ending of a story or poem -- and this poetry collection made me gulp with awe on virtually every page. ... With an introduction by Tom Piccirilli and collaborative contributions from Gary Braunbeck, many horror readers would enjoy the experience of this collection. This is not horror poetry, always, but it is something bigger, something simpler: just great poetry. Snyder's Chimeric Machines deserves to win a literary award."
      Read more at:
      http://www.gorelets.com/blog/not-dead-yet-print-reviews/

      In other book news, Woodland Press just released Writers Workshop of Horror, which contains my interview with Clive Barker along with contributions from Joe R. Lansdale, F. Paul Wilson, Brian Keene, Tom Piccirilli, Gary A. Braunbeck, Lisa Morton, and many others.

      http://www.writersworkshopofhorror.com/snyder

      Also, I have a story in the new Maiden Mother Crone anthology from Drollerie Press:

      http://drolleriepress.com/books/

      And finally, Gary A. Braunbeck and I cowrote a story for the new Hellbound Hearts anthology, a book of 21 stories inspired by Clive Barker's Hellraiser universe. The book also contains contributions from Neil Gaiman, Dave McKean, Sarah Pinborough, Richard Christian Matheson, Christopher Golden, Mike Mignola, Kelley Armstrong, Yvonne Navarro, Sarah Langan, and others.

      http://www.simonandschuster.net/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=655352

      Happy reading,
      Lucy
      www.lucysnyder.com