Interview with Clive Barker, story on PodCastle

  • Lucy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      Last Monday, Strange Horizons posted my article "Art and the Artist: An Interview With Clive Barker":

      http://www.strangehorizons.com/2009/20090316/snyder-a.shtml

      A bit of backstory is warranted here. About seven months ago, editor Michael Knost asked me to interview Barker for the upcoming book WRITERS WORKSHOP OF HORROR, which will be published by Woodland Press next fall.

      When I talked to Barker this past December, the interview ended up extending over the course of two days; he was extremely gracious with his time. After I transcribed our conversation, I realized I'd gotten a lot of great material about the craft of writing that was perfect for WORKSHOP'S focus, but there was also a lot of really interesting material about Barker's life as an artist.

      So, I put together the above-linked second interview; there is very little overlap between it and the WORKSHOP interview, which is considerably longer and is written as a feature article (rather than the Q&A format of the Strange Horizons piece).

      In other news, my story "Faery Cats: The Cutest Killers", as read by Rachel Swirsky, went up today at PodCastle:

      http://podcastle.org/2009/03/20/podcastle-miniature-27-faery-cats-the-cutest-killers/

      And finally, CGP is about to release my new poetry collection CHIMERIC MACHINES; I'll let you all know when it's available for order.

      Happy reading,
      Lucy

      www.lucysnyder.com