Sparks and Shadows on Stoker ballot, 5-star reviews

  • Lucy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      The holidays seemed to fly past, and January's almost over. I hope
      you're all staying warm!

      It's been a busy few months for me. The first bit of news is that
      my collection Sparks and Shadows is on the preliminary ballot
      for the Bram Stoker Award. The book's also been nominated for a
      Black Quill Award.

      In December I signed with the Professional Media Services literary
      agency; agent Robert Fleck is representing my new urban fantasy
      novel Spellbent and its sequels.

      You can read the first chapter Spellbent online:

      http://tinyurl.com/24ggve

      Several magazines have posted reviews of my collections.

      Hellnotes gave 5 stars to Sparks and Shadows. Nickolas Cook writes:
      "(T)his has to be, hands down, the best collection I've read since Joe
      Hill's 20th Century Ghosts. ... Lucy Snyder means business, people.
      She is here to kick ass and take names."

      http://hellnotes.com/book-review-sparks-and-shadows/

      SFReader.com gave my humor collection Installing Linux on a Dead
      Badger a top 5-star rating as well. Reviewer Adrienne Jones writes:
      "The humor in this collection is understated and the theme progression
      is perfectly paced. It's rare to find a writer who can combine social
      commentary, popular culture, and science fiction without cheapening
      the laughs, but this author's balanced the act to perfection. With smart,
      well-crafted writing, and humor to tickle readers of varying tastes and
      genre preference, Lucy A. Snyder could be one of the funniest new
      writers on the planet."

      http://www.sfreader.com/read_review.asp?book=1134

      Dread Central also gave ILDB their top 5-star rating:

      http://www.dreadcentral.com/node/25795

      Horror Reader writes: "Sparks and Shadows is a delightful collection
      and book length introduction to an author to watch."

      http://www.horrorreader.com/horror_reader/2007/11/sparks-and-shad.html

      The Jan. 2008 issue of Beyond Centauri contains my poem
      "The Evil Overlord's Lament". My poem "Subtlety" is in the new
      issue of Greatest Uncommon Denominator Magazine, and they
      also posted an interview with me on their site:

      http://tinyurl.com/279oq9

      And finally, my sonnet "Uncanny Valley Girl" has been posted
      at Raven Electrick:

      http://www.ravenelectrick.com/ravenpoetrick/uncannyvg.html

      That's all for now. Happy reading!