Apex, Context, and my 2nd collection

  • Lucy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      Next Saturday (Sept. 22) I will be participating in readings with a group of
      other authors in Lexington, Kentucky. If you're in the area, please join
      us at Joseph-Beth Booksellers for Apex Day.

      http://www.apexdigest.com/apexday.shtml

      The following weekend is Context 20 in Columbus, Ohio. I've been
      coordinating the various writing workshops going on at the convention,
      and I might just be having a book launch party Friday night!

      http://www.contextsf.org/

      My new humor collection Installing Linux on a Dead Badger (and Other
      Oddities) is available for preorder for $10 if you're in the U.S.
      (shipping is also free to U.S. addresses).

      http://tinyurl.com/yppe4p

      The book is a trade paperback and contains 12 stories that are illustrated
      by Malcolm McClinton and DE Christman.

      Author Nalo Hopkinson says, "Do go read (this book). When you do,
      don't have anything in your mouth that a surprised snort could catapult
      up into your sinuses. You have been warned."

      Tangent Online has reviewed a couple of the stories in this collection:

      "'The Great Vüdü Linux Teen Zombie Massacree' by Lucy Snyder is a
      hilarious romp through the state of Texas in a world gone mad ... one
      laugh effortlessly follows the other."

      "Snyder, like her Linux gangs, has taken a dead body (in this case,
      cyberpunk) and fused it with the latest elements of science fiction to
      tell a story which is funny, dark, and cheerfully absurd."

      "'Graveyard Shift' is Lucy A. Snyder's whip-smart and darkly funny take
      on the latest hot employee group, the dead ... Laced with jet-black
      humor, this is a great story and a great world to read about, if not live in."

      Happy reading,