late summer update

  • Lucy A. Snyder
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20 10:02 AM
      Hi all,

      I attended the Horrorfind convention in Baltimore this past weekend, and a
      fun time was had by all. I met a few of you there, and it was great seeing
      everyone!

      I've got a new story* up at APOCALYPSE FICTION at:
      http://www.apocalypsefiction.com/issnine/darkness.html

      I've also sold "So Lonely As The Grave" to the DARK LURKERS anthology
      (edited by Paul Melniczek) which will be coming out from Double Dragon Press
      as a trade paperback in 2004. And I've just gotten a confirmation that my
      story "A Tight Weave For Dreams" will appear in the next MASQUES anthology
      from Gauntlet Press in 2005.

      One of the stories I cowrote with Gary A. Braunbeck, "The Still-Life Drama
      of Passing Cars", is appearing in Gary's collection THE LITTLE ORANGE BOOK
      OF ODD STORIES from Borderlands Press. It will probably ship in late 2003.
      It's available for preorder at
      http://store.yahoo.com/shocklines/liorboofodds.html

      On the nonfiction front, I've sold a couple of essays to Full Unit Hookup
      Magazine (http://members.aol.com/FullUnitHookup/) which will appear in issue
      #4 or #5 ... stay tuned for more details!

      Best wishes,
      Lucy

      * P.S. If the story in question strikes anybody as being distressingly
      chapterlike ... that's because it was in fact the first chapter of a novel I
      sold on proposal to Foggy Windows Books a few years ago. FWB went down
      abruptly in the .com bust, and the novel has gone unfinished. However, the
      story kept looking at me, forlorn and lonely, and I decided to send it
      around and see what happened. It may have a happier future if enough people
      tell me I should go ahead and finish the rest of the book ;-)

      --
      http://www.sff.net/people/lucy-snyder/