59A new book deal with Del Rey

  • Lucy
    May 11, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      A few of you have already heard this through other channels, but:

      Del Rey (a Random House imprint) has purchased my urban fantasy
      novel SPELLBENT and two of its sequels. I believe their tentative plan
      is to release SPELLBENT in early-to-mid 2009 and the other books
      in the trilogy will of course come later.

      If you're curious to read the first chapter, you can find it here:

      http://www.sff.net/people/lucy-snyder/brain/2008/01/spellbent-introduction.html

      I'm very excited about this; SPELLBENT is my first novel and I think it's
      found the best possible home. I'll be working with editor Liz Scheier,
      who's handled books by authors such as Di Francis and Chris Golden.

      Cheers,
      Lucy