May Newsletter

  • lucindabetts77
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2008
      Hi Group:

      I hope everyone is getting a chance to enjoy this luscious spring! In
      New York, the lilacs are at the end of their lives, the irises are
      just starting, and I have my first roses bursting out. I'm looking
      forward to the summer heat, and the cool relief of the Atlantic beaches.

      I've just started to get reviews in for SHE. I was nervous about this
      book and how it would be received. Don't ask why. But the reviewers
      are loving it--I hope that means the readers love it!

      Coffeetime Romance Reviews gave SHE five cups, and this is what they said:

      Wow! She is a page-turner galore! Ms. Betts has written her best story
      yet with this one. I was absolutely ecstatic that for once the man got
      to be the virgin, instead of the woman. So many romances have the
      woman being the virgin, and it was so refreshing to have it be the guy
      for a change. The world building is incredible and makes the story so
      real that you feel as though the characters could step off the pages
      and talk to you. The story line is very original; this is not your
      mother's fairytale and by the end of the book, you will find that you
      are very glad this is so. I really loved the solid heart-centered
      characters, as well as the sizzling sex. I hope that Ms. Betts has
      more like this one planned in the future, because she now has a fan
      for life!

      You can preorder SHE at:
      http://www.amazon.com/She-Aphrodisia-Lucinda-Betts/dp/0758222157/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211725226&sr=8-4

      I've been busy working on my first 2009 release, POCKET FULL OF
      HORSES. The title comes from a Prince song, Little Red Corvette. I
      don't know if the title will stick or not. The hero is an immortal
      shape-shifting centaur, and the heroine... well, I won't give away
      that surprise. It's set in modern San Diego.

      And on to the prizes...
      This month, I'm giving away a copy of HANDYMAN, signed by the generous
      author, Jodi Lynn Copeland. If you'd like to win a copy, send me an
      e-mail saying you'd like to win. Put HANDYMAN in the subject header
      and your name in the e-mail.

      SWAK,
      Lucinda