How to convert a Burial Address to a Burial Location...

  • Dennis Kowallek
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2009
      To convert a Burial Address to a Burial Location...

      1) Clear all Address Tags. I don't think Legacy has a way to do this
      (other than one at a time), so you can run the following UPDATE query
      to clear the Address Tags:

      UPDATE tblAR SET tblAR.Tag1 = 0

      I have added this to UpdateQueries.csv. If you have LTools 1.1.14,
      you can hit Alt-U from the main window to retrieve the new query.

      2) Tag the single Burial Address that you wish to convert to a Burial
      Location. It is critical that you tag only one address.

      3) If the Master Location record that you wish to convert the Burial
      Address to does not already exist, create it.

      4) Untag all Master Location Records.

      5) Tag the single Master Location record that you wish the tagged Burial
      Address converted to. It is critical that you tag only one location.

      6) Run the following SELECT query to view the RINS that will get
      converted:

      SELECT tblIR.IDIR FROM tblLR INNER JOIN (tblAR INNER JOIN tblIR ON
      tblAR.IDAR = tblIR.IDARBuried) ON tblLR.Tag1 = tblAR.Tag1 WHERE
      tblAR.Tag1=1

      7) If things look OK, run the following UPDATE query, which will set the
      Burial Location to the tagged Master Location for all individuals
      with the tagged Burial Address. It will also remove the pointer to
      the Burial Address:

      UPDATE tblLR INNER JOIN (tblAR INNER JOIN tblIR ON tblAR.IDAR =
      tblIR.IDARBuried) ON tblLR.Tag1 = tblAR.Tag1 SET tblIR.IDLRBuried =
      [tblLR]![IDLR], tblIR.IDARBuried = 0 WHERE tblAR.Tag1

      Feel free to change this to suit your needs. For example, you may not
      want to remove the pointer to the Burial Address:

      UPDATE tblLR INNER JOIN (tblAR INNER JOIN tblIR ON tblAR.IDAR =
      tblIR.IDARBuried) ON tblLR.Tag1 = tblAR.Tag1 SET tblIR.IDLRBuried =
      [tblLR]![IDLR] WHERE tblAR.Tag1

      As usual, make a backup of your database before you try this.

      Enjoy!

      --

      Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
      dennis@...