[lt100] Re: Crewing Leadville - Any Advise?

  • John & Kathy Morelock
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2000
      jlma-@... wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/lt100/?start=4
      > I am crewing for a first year Leadville 100 runner. Any advise will
      be
      > appreciated. Going to make a trip to Leadville in May or June to
      check out
      > the course.

      Hi,

      I ran Leadville last year as my first 100. If you have the time one of
      the best things you can do is go the the Leadville Training Weekend
      (see the LT100 home page for details of when). The runner gets to do
      some (three routes, three days) running on the course. The
      crew/support person get to drive all over the place learning where
      things are and are not, driving times, and so forth. There are also
      several group discussions and meals that are a lot of fun and great
      learning experiences for all involved.

      Good luck, run gently out there, John M.
    • JLMAZ@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2000
        Thanks John M

        We will definately look into the training weekend.

        Jerry M
      • bill moyer
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2000
          jlma-@... wrote:
          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/lt100/?start=4
          > I am crewing for a first year Leadville 100 runner. Any advise will
          be
          > appreciated. Going to make a trip to Leadville in May or June to
          check out
          > the course.
          >
          > We are from Albuquerque.

          The Lt100 is very easy to crew, you just have to be very careful when
          you are driving on the same road as the runners. The road at the fish
          hatchery, up to tree line if you want to go up there, and on the road
          to Winfield after the trail head. This area will get very crowded with
          cars going both ways and runners going both ways. If you get to
          Leadville a few days ahead of the reace just take acouple of hours and
          drive the course. If you need any advice check into the the Lt100
          office when you arrive and someone will help you with any questions.

          bill moyer