RE: AW: [LSDj!] CHIP MUSIC IS DEAD . Manifesto

  • Ignatz
    Message 1 of 96 , Aug 31, 2007
      I dont want to be a bug and that was just a manifesto.

      It would become a movement of destroyers/saviours of the chiptune /music.
      As someone said on the micromusic texts: kill 8-bit music at least.
      I guess every movement have a cycle that icludes its dead. Maybe it would reborn in the
      future as Disco did. but I accept as a FACT that chip music is ALREADY DEAD.

      That who want to be part of something would try to redefine and give new strenght to the
      corpse we has been given.

      Or just cry and give our condolences each other.
      Well, I guess it is more important than that to actually try to kill and pervert our
      music style befor media and mainstream absolutely destroy and pervert our beloved music.

      Lets Blend it, talk shit about it, destroy all credibility on chiptune and chip music.
      Say it is nervous and freaking out music. Say it is chip, lame and stupid, it is already
      sellout, and music for childs (from the 80s ans 90s) with no soul on this music.
      No content. Mayke people disbeilef of it !

      Thats the only way that Little Mermaid VI will not feature some cheap chip imitation,
      with candy coloured melodies on it. Otherwise les be like sheeps and see how mainstream
      destroy all that you have been loving. And it will be transformed into grotesque!

      Please react.

      Next Ministry of Sound Compilations will be for sure featuring plenty of chip sound HOUSE
      Y imitators. Thats the new ElectroHouse, as they did with electroclash and acid before.

      Remember what happened with acid house once.

      And rave. I have to tell in this point, that I agree that many house music, and specially
      Techno Hardcore Rave have been evolved from certain tracked and demosceene music.

      Well, no much to say, as I told in that clumsy manifesto, If someone can hear, Lets
      destroy pervert and make our beloved music the ugliest clown and shame.

      Before others do, and feed the system with that. You will not want to see that ravers and
      neo gothic clowns with pixels on them shirts and heads. fluerescent pixels of hair as the
      new hip hop trend.

      Lets destroy and put in shame our music before it be too late...

      Many of us have been making this so fine btw.

      Please make music that mainstream could not eat. And stop explaining how to make it,
      giving step by step explanations for fools!

      Otherwise we can make it foolish than fools can accept, hahaha...

      Long life to the VENGA-GAMEBOYS :P

      Long life to the new breed. Chip Music is dead.

      R.I.P. 31-8-07

      --- Niklas S <salkin_niklas@...> escribió:

      > dogmatech, sam: well put!
      >
      > chipmusic will not die. i dont think that any music genre can actually die.
      > every music genre will allways have its followers and offsprings.
      > Just look at the metalscene, how many times have it not been copied
      > and mutilated by pop-culture?
      > But the guys in the metalscene dont care about the pop-shit they just
      > keep doing there thing and getting better at it all the time.
      >
      > i think that at the same time as a genre/style gets copied and mutilated by
      > some ppl it will also be more purifyed by others.
      > thus creating a broad spectrum of music for ppl to listen to and
      > evolving the music.
      > wich is a good thing right?
      >
      > i wouldnt worry about hiphoppers using arpeggios or raw waveforms or
      > whatever.
      > if they want to mix musical styles, sure. its ok.
      > its ok to mix polka with grindcore and sing with a robotic voice or
      > whatever.
      > you can mix anything as long as you dont steal anybodys material.
      > thats just plain wrong. (timbaland..)
      >
      > just choose the music you want to listen to and let people exeriment
      > their little hearts out!
      >
      > peace
      > /salkin
      >
      > >From: "DOGMATECH" <dogmatech@...>
      > >To: <lsdj@yahoogroups.com>
      > >Subject: AW: [LSDj!] CHIP MUSIC IS DEAD . Manifesto
      > >Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:41:24 +0200
      > >
      > >Yep, sam is right. And don`t forget that a lot of the house music, techno
      > >and especially hardcore have its roots in chiptunes (apart from those
      > >Roland
      > >monsters raveolution =D).
      > >Shure, there is some kind of sellout. But as advice to you Ignatz: seeing a
      > >scene dying really isn`t the deal. The first time it is a shock, but than
      > >don`t stress your self and search The new pure thing. Just sit yourself
      > >between the chairs and enjoy all influences. That`s the way people start
      > >making chiprock and glitch house- an open mind. And: chiptune underground
      > >will never die ;P
      > >
      > >my two cents

      Sé un Mejor Amante del Cine
      ¿Quieres saber cómo? ¡Deja que otras personas te ayuden!
      http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/reto/entretenimiento.html
    • Ignatz
      Message 96 of 96 , Oct 5, 2007
        Hey

        I would not regret my bizarre manifesto anymore!
        I became adicted to the great Bud Melvin's song!

        I played that great track last night in the second pure chiptune party (AD) we organized
        here called GOTO START Level 2 . Also, receptors, n-.-m, role model, covox,
        raeuberhoehle, tb, tobiah, nitro2k, dr blowfins, neotericz and a lot more sounded in my
        dj set.

        I'll post some pictures soon.

        love. ignat.

        --- budmelvin <budmelvin@...> escribió:

        This provoked some interesting thoughts and inspired me to start my
        new album. The first song is here:
        <http://www.8bitcollective.com/music/budmelvin/The+New+New+Real+Real+Folk+Blues>
        (or) http://tinyurl.com/2zert7
        Thanks, Ignat.