RE: AW: [LSDj!] CHIP MUSIC IS DEAD . Manifesto

  • Niklas S
    Message 1 of 96 , Aug 31, 2007
      dogmatech, sam: well put!

      chipmusic will not die. i dont think that any music genre can actually die.
      every music genre will allways have its followers and offsprings.
      Just look at the metalscene, how many times have it not been copied
      and mutilated by pop-culture?
      But the guys in the metalscene dont care about the pop-shit they just
      keep doing there thing and getting better at it all the time.

      i think that at the same time as a genre/style gets copied and mutilated by
      some ppl it will also be more purifyed by others.
      thus creating a broad spectrum of music for ppl to listen to and
      evolving the music.
      wich is a good thing right?

      i wouldnt worry about hiphoppers using arpeggios or raw waveforms or
      whatever.
      if they want to mix musical styles, sure. its ok.
      its ok to mix polka with grindcore and sing with a robotic voice or
      whatever.
      you can mix anything as long as you dont steal anybodys material.
      thats just plain wrong. (timbaland..)

      just choose the music you want to listen to and let people exeriment
      their little hearts out!

      peace
      /salkin

    • Ignatz
      Message 96 of 96 , Oct 5, 2007
        Hey

        I would not regret my bizarre manifesto anymore!
        I became adicted to the great Bud Melvin's song!

        I played that great track last night in the second pure chiptune party (AD) we organized
        here called GOTO START Level 2 . Also, receptors, n-.-m, role model, covox,
        raeuberhoehle, tb, tobiah, nitro2k, dr blowfins, neotericz and a lot more sounded in my
        dj set.

        I'll post some pictures soon.

        love. ignat.

        --- budmelvin <budmelvin@...> escribió:

        This provoked some interesting thoughts and inspired me to start my
        new album. The first song is here:
        <http://www.8bitcollective.com/music/budmelvin/The+New+New+Real+Real+Folk+Blues>
        (or) http://tinyurl.com/2zert7
        Thanks, Ignat.

        Sé un Mejor Amante del Cine
        ¿Quieres saber cómo? ¡Deja que otras personas te ayuden!
        http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/reto/entretenimiento.html