Outrunners are inside-out motors, the coils are stationary, housing and magnets rotate. They feature a high torque and they can rev. There is no need for a gearbox, which means less weight, less $$$/€€€'s, no losses, no whining and no wear. The motor can swing a bigger prop, resulting in a higher overall system efficiency. The builder can tailor the motor to the application by adapting the number of winds. (Motor pictures by Detlev Koch)
Construction articles, tips, tricks, manuals, checks and tests
Ron van Sommeren, group 'owner'
- Apr 24, 2001
- This is a public group.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.