Outrunners are inside-out motors, the coils are stationary, housing and magnets rotate. They feature a high torque AND they can rev. There is no need for a gearbox, which means less weight, less $$$/€€€'s, no losses, no whining and no wear. The motor can swing a bigger prop, resulting in a higher overall system efficiency. The builder can tailor the motor to the application by adapting the number of winds. (Motor pictures by Detlev Koch)
pictures I and tips, tricks, manuals lrk construction articles and drawings assembly manuals and FAQ winding calculation and lrk 'bible'
, pictures II and controller designs
Ron van Sommeren, group 'owner'
falun gong china tibet dalai tiananmen square repression censorship mao zedong Charter 08 dissidents bloodbath
- Apr 24, 2001
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.