File - lrig-discussion Periodic Message.txt

  • lrig-discussion@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 118 , Apr 1 4:57 AM
      The Laboratory Robotics Interest Group Discussion Mail List is for comments or questions about Laboratory Robotics and Automation. You receive messages posted to the list and you may post and reply to messages.

      Main Page:

      To Post by email, send email from your subscribed address to:
      lrig-discussion@yahoogroups.com
      To Post on web:

      To Read Messages on web:

      To Subscribe by email, send email to:
      lrig-discussion-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      To Subscribe on web:

      To Unsubscribe by email, send email from your subscribed address to:
      To Unsubscribe on web:

      The members list is private and is not accessible by anyone other than the moderator. This mail list is moderated. SPAM, flames, or inappropriate messages are filtered out before they are sent to you. Our vision at LRIG for this mail list is that it should be a dynamic forum for users and vendors to freely exchange ideas and solve problems. We want to be sure that the demeanor of the mail list reflects the desires of the subscribers. The majority of the subscribers have indicated that they do not want to receive unsolicited sales or promotional messages in this forum. However, it is entirely appropriate and welcomed that vendors reply publicly to an inquiry posted to the list.

      To this end, we request that when a subscriber asks a question about specific equipment or functionality, your reply remain in the same vein of specificity and not merely become an opportunity to advertise your company. If someone asks about a certain functionality, please do not reply with a "we can do anything, call me". In this case you could give examples of work you have done in that area. If someone brings up an issue with a manufacturer's equipment, please don't counter with "well mine is better because...". It may be better to reply to a query privately if your response does not add value to the group discussion. Use your judgement on the appropriateness of your response. We do not want to get into the censorship business.

      If you have new product related information to disseminate, it may be posted on our Announcement Board at:
      http://lab-robotics.org/announce.htm

      Links to your company showing your products and services may be displayed at:
      http://lab-robotics.org/vendors1.htm

      A couple of comments on posting etiquette:

      1) When you reply to a message trim the original message down to just the portion you are replying to (if possible). The aim is to reduce the clutter for the list members while preserving the sense of the message.
      2) It's nice to say "thanks" to respondents who helped you out, but do it directly to them and not to the whole list.
      3) The same applies for individualized messages that do not add value or knowledge to the discussion.
      4) Be aware that when you reply to a message, the default is that it goes to the whole group. If your message is personal, be sure it is addressed only to the intended party.
      5) Please do not post a message with "Return Receipt Requested". This violates our privacy policy.

      If the volume of individual email messages is a problem, consider "Daily Digest" or "No Email" mode. A digest is a single email message containing the contents of all the messages posted to the mailing list during a day. Another option is to read messages on the web site only. You can set your subscription to "Daily Digest" or "No Email" at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lrig-discussion/join.

      This is a periodic message and not targeted at any particular posts.

      If you are not a member of the Laboratory Robotics Interest Group, a registration form may be found at:
      http://lab-robotics.org/member_registration.htm

      Andy Zaayenga
      Moderator, The LRIG Discussion Mail List
      mailto:andy.zaayenga@...
      web site: http://lab-robotics.org
    • lrig-discussion@yahoogroups.com
      Message 118 of 118 , Mar 1, 2013
        The Laboratory Robotics Interest Group Discussion Group is for comments or questions about Laboratory Robotics and Automation. You receive messages posted to the group and you may post and reply to messages.

[...]

        Moderator, The LRIG Discussion Group