Plate Sealer Issue Resolved

  • Gigante, Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2002
      Hi all,
      I wrote to the LRIG several weeks ago about an issue I was having with a
      plate sealer and some 384 well plates. With much appreciated help from
      Chris Kelley from Velocity 11, we were able to come up with a solution for
      the sealing problem. Due to minor differences in plate shape, it appears to
      be critical to raise or lower the plate on the sliding platform using plate
      shims. Once the proper shim was combined with optimized time and heat
      parameters, we had no problem sealing many different kinds of plates.

      Bill Gigante
      Research & Automation Technologies
      805.447.1617
      Pager 805.359.6065