Lumber River Camping

  • brucemonson001
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2008
      I am guiding 14 people from Palmetto Paddlers Club (Columbia, SC)
      this Sept.20-21 weekend . We are to put-in at Fair Bluff , take-out at
      Nichols . I am concerned about the hurricane residual cfm flow & also
      high water . Most years much lower & slower ! Are there still going to
      be sandbars for camping , or can we overnight camp somewhere else
      along this river segment? We will have both canoes & kayaks, also some
      children, but mostly experienced paddlers .

      Thanks for any help - Bruce Monson