new member - Lumber River level?

  • losflemingsnc
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
      Greetings,

      I recently moved to the Triangle with my wife and four year old son
      (who's been canoeing since he about 2 months old). We've lived in the
      panhandle of N. Florida for the last 10 years and were very active
      with the Appalachee Canoe and Kayak Club. I was excited to find your
      group today and look forward to joining in on some trips this spring.

      Saturday we are headed to SC to visit my folks on and want to stop and
      paddle along the way. The Lumber looks like a good option with its
      proximity to I-95 but we may also try to connect with the group headed
      to the Black River.

      Two questions:

      1. I checked the level for the Lumber at Boardman and it is over 6'.
      Is that a good level for the sections starting/ending at Princess Ann?

      2. Is anyone planning to paddle the Lumber on Saturday that might be
      willing to connect up with us?

      Thanks - and happy paddling,

      Ben
    • Marshall Thompson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
        -If you want to do a section of the Lumber on Saturday I'll be glad
        to go with you ,weather permitting. I don't plat to go up to the
        Black.
        Marshall-- In lrccmessagebd@yahoogroups.com, "losflemingsnc"
        <losflemings@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > I recently moved to the Triangle with my wife and four year old son
        > (who's been canoeing since he about 2 months old). We've lived in
        the
        > panhandle of N. Florida for the last 10 years and were very active
        > with the Appalachee Canoe and Kayak Club. I was excited to find your
        > group today and look forward to joining in on some trips this
        spring.

        > Saturday we are headed to SC to visit my folks on and want to stop
        and
        > paddle along the way. The Lumber looks like a good option with its
        > proximity to I-95 but we may also try to connect with the group
        headed
        > to the Black River.
        >
        > Two questions:
        >
        > 1. I checked the level for the Lumber at Boardman and it is over 6'.
        > Is that a good level for the sections starting/ending at Princess
        Ann?

        > 2. Is anyone planning to paddle the Lumber on Saturday that might be
        > willing to connect up with us?
        >
        > Thanks - and happy paddling,
        >
        > Ben

      • Marshall Thompson
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
          -Six feet is a v ery gbood level for B olardm an . From Boardm an
          to Princess Ann is usujally an easy passage except ikn times of
          extreem douight.