No Conversation Cafe this Wednesday, Sept 2, 2009), Cofound (Wednesday, Sept. 9) and Louisville Peak Oil (Saturday, Sept. 12--New Time and Place!!)

  • John Hartmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009

      No Conversation Café this Wednesday, Sept 2, 2009( John Yarmuth town hall meeting at Central High School—doors open at 5 p.m.)

      Wednesday, September 2, 2009

      Time:

      6:30pm - 8:00pm

      Location:

      Central High School

      Street:

      1130 W Chestnut St

      City/Town:

      Louisville, KY

      Conversation Café Louisville

      The next CC will be at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

      The topic for this CC is:  TBA

      Conversation Café will continue meeting on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month at 7 p.m. upstairs at City Café (in the Mid City Mall next door to Baxter Theaters) and notification will be sent out about any holiday cancellations. All are invited to attend. For more information on what we’re about check out the national web site at www.conversationcafe.org and visit our local web site at www.neighborhoodlink.com/org/conversationcafe. For more information about Conversation Café or to be included on the email list to preview future topics contact John at jhartmann@... or at 502-560-0085.

      Conversation Cafés are lively hosted conversations among small groups of people with diverse views but a shared passion for engaging with others. Conversation Cafés provide an open forum to talk about important topics over a cup of coffee or tea. On a good night people of every philosophical, political and personality stripe circle up around tables and steaming beverages to earnestly shift from small talk to a larger perspective. Everyone is welcome. There's nothing to join. Anyone can come, just once or many times. There are no books to read, no assignments, and no dues (except a bite to eat at the café).

      At Conversation Cafés, we learn how to create a culture of conversation-which is a culture of intelligence, peace, and political awareness.

      Have you any ideas for our next conversation? Contact John.

      Please make at least a simple purchase at City Café in respect of the employees and management.

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Cofound

      Regular meetings of Cofound (COalition FOr UNDerstanding) are being held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month.

      Like the Conversation Café, we'll meet at 7 PM, upstairs at the City Café (in the Mid City Mall next to Baxter Theaters). Come join us as we build together a stimulating and productive dialogue.

      Join us at 7 PM upstairs at the City Café.

      Topic for Wednesday, September 9, 2009:

      TBA

      Come take part in our in-depth discussions of the social and political issues of the day. We always explore and debate a wide range of topics from multiple perspectives and insights.

      See you Wednesday, 7 PM upstairs at the City Cafe.

      For more information contact Clint at clintc@....

      Please make at least a simple purchase at City Café in respect of the employees and management.

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Louisville Oil Awareness Group

      Our purpose is to study for ourselves and to educate others to the realities and consequences of the Peak Oil crisis. We also plan choices and lifestyles to maximize the current and future quality of life for ourselves and our children.

       Saturday, The Louisville Peak Oil Group will meet Saturday, Sept. 12 at the St. Matthews/Eline Library, 3940 Grandview Ave. , a few blocks south of Trinity High School from

      10:00-12:00 (NEW TIME!).

      The Louisville Peak Oil Group will meet Saturday, Sept. 12 at the St. Matthews/Eline Library, 3940 Grandview Ave. , a few blocks south of Trinity High School from 10:00-12:00 (NEW TIME!). We expect to return to the main library in October.

      Our program will be the second half of the documentary "Money as Debt II". This is the sequel to the animated "The Goldsmith's Tale" that was screened at an earlier meeting and whose theme was how our money is created from loans and debt and depends intrinsically on continuous growth. If you didn't see the original film (47 min), or even if you did, watch it online at http://video.google.c.... Tom Lambert will again facilitate the discussion.

      From the film cover:
      "Bailouts, stimulus packages, debt piled upon debt, where will it all end? How did we get into a situation where there has never been more material wealth & productivity and yet everyone is in debt to bankers? And now, all of a sudden, the bankers have no money and we the taxpayers, have to rescue them by going even further into debt! Money as Debt II explores the baffling , fraudulent, and destructive arithmetic of the money system that hold us hostage to a forever growing DEBT...and how we might evolve beyond it into a new era."

      For more information contact organizer, George Perkins at gg_perk@...

      The Louisville Peak Oil Group will meet Saturday, Sept. 12 at the St. Matthews/Eline Library, 3940 Grandview Ave. , a few blocks south of Trinity High School from 10:00-12:00 (NEW TIME!). We expect to return to the main library in October.

      Our program will be the second half of the documentary "Money as Debt II". This is the sequel to the animated "The Goldsmith's Tale" that was screened at an earlier meeting and whose theme was how our money is created from loans and debt and depends intrinsically on continuous growth. If you didn't see the original film (47 min), or even if you did, watch it online at http://video.google.c.... Tom Lambert will again facilitate the discussion.

      From the film cover: