Peak Oil meeting Sat. 3/8 program

  • George Perkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2008
      A reminder of our next meeting this Saturday, March 8, 9:00-11:00 am
      at theMain Branch of the library, 301 York St.

      Our main program will be Paul Freibert of the Metro Emergency
      Management Agency. He'll be describing the Metro Natural Hazards
      Mitigation Plan and the tools used to prepare it. The natural hazards
      addressed include, in decreasing order of risk, flooding, severe
      thunderstorms, hailstorms, tornadoes, earthquakes, severe winter
      storms, dam failure, extreme heat, karst effects, landslides, wildfire
      and drought. The federal mandate that required the plan did not
      address climate change, let alone peak oil, but Paul is interested in
      those issues and can discuss the methods necessary to develop response
      plans. You can get a preview look at the plan, readily accessible by
      summary, section or appendix at:
      http://www.louisvilleky.gov/EMA/Natural+Hazards+Mitigation+Plan.htm

      I heard his presentation last week and the obvious extensions to a
      peak oil response plan prompted me to invite him to our group.