wideband radio need for Cage pieces

  • Brad Bordine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      Happy new year everyone-
      I am looking for advice and/or benevolent acts to aid a performance of
      Cage's Radio Music in Los Angeles on January 17. Our efforts at interpreting
      the score place the frequency range between 1900khz-5400khz (the tuning
      numbers in the score range from 55 to 156 -- we assume these are
      wavelengths, as the score is from 1956 -- please advise if we are wrong) and
      we need up to 8 radios for the performance. Thanks to any who can help.
      We will be performing this at ASTO Gallery in Los Angeles on January 17 at 8
      p.m. Other pieces on the program are Steve Reich's Pendulum Music and an
      improvisation with cello and laptop. On January 30, we will perform Cage's
      Solo for Cello and a cello/laptop improvisation. ASTO is in the Artist's
      District between Cafe Metropol and R23. More information can be found on
      their web site, www.artst.org.