sound art resource page

  • Mark Hadley
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 1999
      Hi,

      I'm putting together a page of online resources relating to sound art : does
      anyone know of any such pages that already exist ?

      : artist's pages, pages about artists, history of sound use in art, some
      technical stuff (acoustics etc.), interesting sound sources, useful
      organisations, online ~zines, mailing-lists!, etc.

      hopefully it'll build into a useful resource : i can't find everything
      myself, so if you've got links to relevant sites let me know (on- or
      off-list).

      what do you think?

      i'm hoping that part of the site can later become an e-zine (for want of a
      better word) to publish articles, reviews of work/recordings, info. etc. If
      anyone has any such material, drop me a line.

      Cheers,

      Mark.

      P.S. Where does the lowercase-sound tag come from, is it used elsewhere?

      | h e a d s h e l l
      | http://www.mark-hadley.freeserve.co.uk/hs1.html
      | mp3s of (4) full tracks available for your listening pleasure

    • J C
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 1999
        A Sound Art resource page is a wonderful idea, & sorely needed. There are a
        number of links listed at the lowercase-sound bookmarks page at:
        http://www.onelist.com/bookmarks.cgi?listname=lowercase%2Dsound&yy=26434

        Also there is a Sound Art page at: http://autonomous.org/soundsite/ , an
        online Sound art journal that also has an interesting links page.

        Mark, Re 'Lowercase' I think the 1st time the term lowercase music was used
        was in an interview with Steve Roden in I/E magazine. I used this term to
        title this group.

        James

      • jd
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 1999
          On Sat, 1 May 1999 09:24:09 +0100,
          mail@... wrote...
          >From: "Mark Hadley" <mail@...>
          >
          >Hi,
          >
          >I'm putting together a page of online resources relating to sound art : does
          >anyone know of any such pages that already exist ?

          i have a page that is somewhat of a *resource*

          http://members.xoom.com/_necessary_/transfer.html

          let me know.

          j_dm