SB :: Monkey Business, etc.

  • HarS
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      _SoundBlog ::
      December 01st, 2008 [#284]_
      MONKEY BUSINESS, ETC.

      On the afternoon of friday 24th we performed in the
      parisian zoological garden, the Zoo de Vincennes,
      dressed at our sunday's best. (I overheard at least one
      of the girls among our human listeners snigger that we
      ourselves were the monkees ... )

      Our first set was for the zoo's community of baboons.
      We then turned around for a second set, performed
      explicitly for Chimène the Gibbon, a very shy ape, but
      a fantastic singer.

      It was very special indeed to experience the mingling of
      the sounds from our dictaphones, the sound of Anthony's
      guitar, that of Jean's double bass, and the metallic percussion
      hit and bowed by Rebus and myself, with the sounds of the
      zoo around us. The garden and the animals were like a fifth
      instrument, and our performance indeed spun itself into the
      intricate web of relations that we had intended, heralding in
      its own modest way the transition of contemporary art into
      the new altermodern era ...

      http://harsmedia.com/SoundBlog/Archief/00654.php ]
      --
      ** have a great day!