Fwd: Re: eContact! 8.4 (electroacoustic techniques)

  • CEC jef chippewa
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      Fwd: Re: eContact! 8.4 (electroacoustic techniques)

      from the CEC | Canadian Electroacoustic Community

      Dear everybody,

      In the next issue of eContact! we will be presenting a number of items under the theme Educational Resources. The page titled Electroacoustic Techniques will give concrete examples of specific techniques or approaches to electroacoustic composition for the reader via works found in SONUS, the CEC's online electroacoustic "Jukebox" of sorts.

      http://econtact.ca | http://sonus.ca

      Additionally we will list "classic" sources - or at least fairly widely available sources - where these various techniques are used. I'm sure you have mentioned many of these in your lectures!

      I invite you to contribute any information you feel might be relevant to the WORKS AVAILABLE COMMERCIALLY category.

      We are looking for either entire pieces, or significant excerpts of pieces, which give clear examples of techniques, processes, compositional approaches (etc...) listed on a WIKI page I have set up for the CEC to gather this sort of information <http://cecpublic.pbwiki.com/ElectroacousticTechniques>.

      We are looking for contributions to the WORKS AVAILABLE COMMERCIALLY section which are, or contain:

      - "textbook examples", or otherwise particularly clear/perceptible examples
      - long but with many variations or permutations of the technique
      - preferably at least 30s in length each

      submitting examples

      Go to the WIKI page listed above, and click on "edit page", you will be asked to enter the password: pickledeggs

      The information left in the WIKI will be gathered and formatted in a more efficient manner for use in eContact!; please format your contributions exactly as indicated on the WIKI page. I am a very brutal editor 8^) so keep the descriptive notes within the prescribed length, otherwise I cut cut cut!

      Any time you have finished entering some information, click on "Save Page". Make sure you do this whenever you are NOT actually editing, otherwise the page becomes "locked", and if I have to forcefully unlock a page, any edits in progress will be lost. (Only one person at a time can edit, so if the page is in use when you attempt to edit, try again a bit later.)

      categories

      Clearly ea is not really limited to the techniques listed in the WIKI: feel free to add or elaborate categories as you see fit.

      Keep in mind that this resource page will be more efficient the more focussed it remains. Examples which are too obscure might be removed from the list, I'm sure you understand that for reasons of space and efficiency we can't list every possible example!

      deadline

      eContact! 8.4 Educational Resources will be made public mid-August, so it is imperative that I get this information before Friday August 11.

      Make sure to "sign" at the bottom of the WIKI page, I will list the contributors in eContact! 8.4.

      Cheers, many thanks for any contributions you can offer!
      Enjoy the summer!
      jef chippewa
      CEC
      --

      Communauté électroacoustique canadienne (CEC) Canadian Electroacoustic Community
      c/o Dept. de Musique, Université Concordia RF-302