Cathie's Monarch photo: Re: << lovingpurelove >> Digest Number 1021

  • jdaintira@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
      Dear Cathie,

      Thank you for the link to your site.  What a beautiful photo of the Monarch.

      It appears that your group is very complimentary to what I have been doing as one of the five women of Gaia's Star Gals and our larger Rites of Avalon Star Gals, both of which are closed groups.

      I am delighted to find an open group for exploring the Divine Feminine.

      Slightly over a year ago one with whom I do energetic work told me that I carry the energy of Pistis Sophia, which I do not see at all, but I do like the idea of gaining Wisdom.

      ALL THAT IS IS LIGHT

      Judith Marie
    • SophiasHeaven@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
        Hi Judith,
               Glad to meet you -- I think I few from here must have come to join me on my group because I have invited every member who's there and suddenly I recognize a few new ones who I don't remember inviting.. ;-)  which is splendid...
               I'm still learning a lot about these topics myself.
               It's a fascinating topic.  And so much to read, so little time !
               I came up with my mandala for balancing masculine and feminine aspects of the divine many years ago, in the midst of a spiritual crisis which entailed me having been doing much reading and embracing the Feminine Face/Aspect of the Divine, yet feeling a need to not have to choose the new at the expense of the old.
               It's been a fascinating journey, and I'm sure you will have a lot to contribute to the group.  For some reason its' a very quiet group so far.  Extremely so, except for my series of posts of Sophia excerpts.
               Sophia is a biblical character who has been forgotten and maligned throughout history in Western spirituality traditions but I hear it is not necessarily so in some Eastern traditions which still have some remembrance of and devotion to Her.
               She is the Silence within which the Logos resounds.

                I recently got a book from Amazon.com that is new as of 2002 ( pub date ) called "The Gospel of Mary Magdalene" which so far also seems fascinating, and I've learnd a lot just from reading the preface, which is how far I've read so far.
               Apparently, in the Greek that the NT is written in, the word for prostitute is NEVER not once Ever used biblically in reference to Mary Magdalene.  Apparently there was a formal recant and apology made by the catholic church correcting their original claim that Magdalen was a prostitute and therefor the seven demons cast out.
               Rather, the seven energy wheels of the body, or Seven Chakra centers were cleansed in her, meaning in effect she was, after this profound healing, the most spiritually pure of all the disciples, accounting for her presense with unguent oils at the tomb after Christ came out of the tomb and she mistook him for a gardener,but he had not resurrected yet.  She appears at the tomb almost it would seem in the function of a priestess.  Of course there is the similarity of themes to this new fiction novel that is all the craze and which I"m still waiting for my copy of from the library ( my turn on the lengthy list of people who have a hold on the book ) Da Vinci Code.
               The book I got from Amazon.com, is by an author who is a Ph.D. ( can't remember the name off the top of my head and am in a bit of a rush just now ), who has written on the scriptures before and is considered an expert and his handling of translation is to my personal satisfaction, reverent of the Divine Feminine.

        And so the adventure continues ...  :-)

        Peace, Love and Religious Freedom,
        Cathie
        http://www.yahoogroups.com/groups/SophiasRealm