RE RON to everyone

  • Ronald cogan
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 9, 2000
      Dear everyone,
      Hi, Polly that poem was awsome and I liked it a lot. Karen the way
      you and Pattii explain what love is, makes me realize that I have a
      lot of love in me, and I felt it, but didn't realize how to show it.
      Now I feel a lot better about myself, because admitting, as a man,
      that love is the top subject is usually not a good thing. I feel
      that a lot of men don't want to admit this because they will be
      pegged a wimp, or something that is less a man. I can speak for
      myself that when anyone spoke about love all that I thought about was
      sex, and deep inside of me I knew that there had to be more to it
      than what I was taught. Sometimes we know things but don't always
      realize them, I now know that sex is not at the top of my list and I
      am not affraid to admit it. I really like this feeling of love for
      everyone and now I am going to live it. I have realized that I
      havebeen showing it all a long but called it something else to cover
      up what I thought was a weakness. Its a strength! Remember a lot of
      men, a lot, just don't want to show that they can really love like
      you all described, because they think that it is a weakness. I know
      that being a loving man is very hard, for some its imposiable, so you
      all can teach love, and keep it up. ---RON
    • pattimaris1675@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 10, 2000
        Ron, You have much courage to speak up and put in a vote for love.
        You are so right about many men confusing sex with love, however, it was
        their way of expressing it, showing it, without being classified as a whimp.
        So much has been put upon men during their younger years, such as; Big Boys
        don't cry, it doesn't hurt that bad!
        The list goes on and on, and when men get to a place within themselves that
        they realize 'Big Boys do cry', and it is quite alright to cry, then they
        begin to feel that pure love running through their veins and aren't afraid to
        express their deeper feelings. Instead of tucking away hurt, pain, they
        release it and learn to run into the arms of pure love, warm feelings of
        expressing it and realize that sex is a wonderful way of expressing it too,
        but not the only way.
        It is never too late to feel that wonderful love that awaits us all, that
        inward love.
        Pattimari~
      • pmenendez@myexcel.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 10, 2000
          Hi Ron, Patti, & group,

          Patti's warm and soft "loving" wisdom gets my vote every time.
          Thank you for being here, Patti.

          To me, when we take a deep look at ourselves, we know ourselves
          as "love" more than any other thing. Once seeing this, we can
          develop all the different ways of showing, sharing, enjoying.

          Love, Polly

          ===========================

        • pattimaris1675@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 10, 2000
            Thank you Polly ~
            Your warm kindness in acknowledging me honors me so!
            Pattimari~
          • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 11, 2000
              That's so true, Patti. Men are raised to feel they have to be as strong
              as steel, somehow, so that by the time they mature they have so many
              walls of armour built up around them that it's very difficult for them
              to find that deep core of love that is within each of us.
              Difficult, yes, but certainly not impossible, as you are proving,
              Ron. You are an inspiration with your courage, deep insight, and
              determination to break past those walls and recover the treasure of your
              Soul, the Heart of love that you know is there. As you concentrate more
              and more on this Love, you will begin to see it everywhere in your life,
              and the pain of darkness will become Lighter and Lighter, until you see
              that the darkness was really just an illusion and has no substance in
              Reality. The real you IS love - every cell, every thought, every
              expression of you is Love.
              And it's as beautifully possible for a man to be and express this
              Love as it is for a woman -- think of Jesus, for example. The inner
              strength and power of his manhood shines brightly for all to see, and
              yet he was able to express this inner virility with such tender
              gentleness and compassion.
              My thoughts and prayers are with you, Ron, and my deepest
              admiration. You are walking the Hero's path from the darkness of the
              underworld to the full Light of the day of Self-realization, and you are
              doing it with such skill and grace - a true inspiration for all of us.

              Love,
              JoAnn

              http://community.webtv.net/JoAnnKite13/AlchemicalPoetry
            • Karen Pennington
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 11, 2000
                JoAnn, WOW how wonderfully written, felt, and spoken.
                I have printed it off for my two boys 14 and 16 to
                read when they get home from school. I hope you don't
                mind. But I am of the opinion men must be let in on
                the secret, it's okay to admit wholeheartedly they
                have feelings and the most important one is Love.

                http://photos.yahoo.com/
              • Karen Pennington
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 11, 2000
                  Dear Patti, you get a BIG AMEN and that's the way it
                  really is from my corner. I am praying all the time
                  that maybe sooner or later others will finally realize
                  what all encompassing joy they are missing out on.
                  Love and Hugs to All, Karen
                  --- pattimaris1675@... wrote:
                  > Ron, You have much courage to speak up and put in a
                  > vote for love.
                  > You are so right about many men confusing sex with
                  > love, however, it was
                  > their way of expressing it, showing it, without
                  > being classified as a whimp.
                  > So much has been put upon men during their younger
                  > years, such as; Big Boys
                  > don't cry, it doesn't hurt that bad!
                  > The list goes on and on, and when men get to a place
                  > within themselves that
                  > they realize 'Big Boys do cry', and it is quite
                  > alright to cry, then they
                  > begin to feel that pure love running through their
                  > veins and aren't afraid to
                  > express their deeper feelings. Instead of tucking
                  > away hurt, pain, they
                  > release it and learn to run into the arms of pure
                  > love, warm feelings of
                  > expressing it and realize that sex is a wonderful
                  > way of expressing it too,
                  > but not the only way.
                  > It is never too late to feel that wonderful love
                  > that awaits us all, that
                  > inward love.
                  > Pattimari~

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                • Karen Pennington
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 11, 2000
                    Yeah, Ron. It's very upsetting to me in a hurtful way
                    when I see a guy who acting like he's a jerk and
                    hasn't got a clue as to what is going on in the real
                    world. Then, these same fellows wonder why they have
                    so much trouble with jobs, relationships and pretty
                    much every aspect of their lives. The best way I've
                    found to break through some hard heads I've known in
                    the past is to put one of those "I know something you
                    don't know or I've got a secret" smiles on my face and
                    when they finally break down and ask I simply tell
                    them oh you'll figure it out sooner or later. Then,
                    when they continue to ask the same question in as many
                    different ways as they can think of to get me to
                    answer them, I give them a little more about agape`
                    love and see how many think I'm talking about grapes.
                    I'm not laughing at them. I'm simply so sure in the
                    deepest parts of me that Love IS the answer and how
                    golden that secret is, I can't help but glow with joy.
                    But, if you try to share too much with them, their
                    brains get in the way of their hearts and it scares
                    them. Then they argue or they pass it off as you're
                    crazy or some other adjective that gets them back into
                    their comfort zones. But that's the challenge. I look
                    at it as a covert operation and the theme from Mission
                    Impossible pops up in my mind every time and I hear
                    those words, This is a dangerous mission but if you
                    choose to accept it..... And yes, I have been known to
                    laugh at the most inconvenient points in a
                    conversation and been able to work the explanation
                    into what I was trying to convey. What a trip. I love
                    working with people and the grumpier they are, the
                    better I like it because they are the ones who are
                    desparately seeking and don't realize they're wearing
                    their needs out on their sleeves. Love and Hugs, Karen

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 11, 2000
                      Indeed Karen ~ yes!!, if 'we' in this forum can start sending out the
                      ripples, and they make ripples, then each day more are touched with the 'love
                      magic'. The power of it will send the whole world into peace perhaps.
                      LET'S GO FOR IT GROUP!!!
                      Pattimari~

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 11, 2000
                        Karen, I'm delighted and honored that you want to share my thoughts with
                        your boys. I agree wholeheartdly - all men should be let in on the
                        secret so they can reach their full potential and experience all the
                        joys and gifts of life. No more secrets - Love is for ALL!