Fw: Five Powers of a Focused Mind

  • Polly
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003

      THE FIVE POWERS OF A FOCUSED MIND

      [From "Learn to Relax: A Practical Guide to Easing Tension and Conquering
      Stress" by Mike George]

      Mindfulness is the ability to concentrate or become completely absorbed in a
      particular task or object. There are five powers associated with this state:

      1. The power of  PERCEPTION allows us to see into things and truly
      understand them, with neither complication nor confusion.

      2. The power of CHOICE requires us to distinguish right from wrong, and good
      from bad. Having done so, we can select our option, and at every moment
      choose to be positive.

      3. The power of INNER ENERGY can spur us on to new things, encourage us to
      change where we feel uncomfortable with ourselves and help us to enjoy life
      to the full.

      4. The power of INJECTION can permit us to energize others with our own
      positivity. As we help them to feel positive, good energy bounes back toward
      us to perpetuate the positive cycle.

      5. The power of MINDFULNESS, by which we absorb ourselves into any action or
      thought without distraction or complication, further energizes us by
      allowing the power of our mind to become concentrated, freeing us from ties
      of frustration, anger and petty-mindedness.

      http://www.touchpointcoaching.com/newsletters/3mc_53.htm