Fw: Five Powers of a Focused Mind
- THE FIVE POWERS OF A FOCUSED MIND
[From "Learn to Relax: A Practical Guide to Easing Tension and Conquering
Stress" by Mike George]
Mindfulness is the ability to concentrate or become completely absorbed in a
particular task or object. There are five powers associated with this state:
1. The power of PERCEPTION allows us to see into things and truly
understand them, with neither complication nor confusion.
2. The power of CHOICE requires us to distinguish right from wrong, and good
from bad. Having done so, we can select our option, and at every moment
choose to be positive.
3. The power of INNER ENERGY can spur us on to new things, encourage us to
change where we feel uncomfortable with ourselves and help us to enjoy life
to the full.
4. The power of INJECTION can permit us to energize others with our own
positivity. As we help them to feel positive, good energy bounes back toward
us to perpetuate the positive cycle.
5. The power of MINDFULNESS, by which we absorb ourselves into any action or
thought without distraction or complication, further energizes us by
allowing the power of our mind to become concentrated, freeing us from ties
of frustration, anger and petty-mindedness.