Lunar Planner, August 27, 2003 - September 25, 2003

  • Polly
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      The Lunar Planner

      Printable Colors

      The Lunar Theme for the
      August 27, 2003 New Moon

      New Currents
      Plotting a New Course
      Mars - A Beneficent Force ?

      The Lunar Month of
      August 27, 2003 - September 25, 2003

      Nick Anthony Fiorenza

      Copyright © 2003 Nick Anthony Fiorenza, All Rights Reserved

      Astronomical Myth is a "picture language," imagery that articulates the qualities of cosmic intelligence expressing throughout the greater heavens and through our lives. We are not separate from the greater heavens, from the stars and planets around us, or from our beloved Earth, but are intimate parts of this dynamic, continually unfolding heavenly symphony. This entirety is our cosmic consciousness, the totality of our being. To explore the greater heavens and the heavenly cycles is to explore that which we are--our embracing consciousness and our spiritual evolution.

      The stars would not be in the heavens
      if we were meant to walk in darkness.

      The theme of this lunar month is set by the star Alpha Sextans and the Vela Pulsar in the sail of Argo Navis, both entering sidereal Leo. Changing currents and changing winds arrive and require we plot new tacks on our courses though life. We are reminded to attentively follow our soul / spiritual / intuitive guidance as we set our sails to catch this new wind.

      This lunar cycle begins with a potent set of planetary alignments catalyzing new currents and new directions to unfold in our lives. Immediately on the New Moon, Pluto stations, completing its retrograde period, Mercury begins its retrograde period, and most significantly, Mars (in the midst of its retrograde) begins its new 780-day synodic cycle.

      Mars: From the Sting of the Scorpion to the Humanitarian Waterman

      Mars had been moving progressively closer to Earth throughout the first half of 2003, making Mars appear to grow larger and brighter each night. Mars is NOW closer to Earth than it ever has been in about 60,000 years. Mars appears more than six times larger than normal and 85 times brighter than Jupiter. Mars is closest on August 27 of 2003. On Aug. 28, Mars arrives to its "opposition." This is the moment when the Sun, Earth, and Mars are in alignment, marking the beginning of a new 780-day Mars synodic cycle.

      To learn more of this Mars retrograde, the astronomy of the synodic cycles of Mars, the astrological themes of the current Mars cycles, and the expression of Mars in our lives, please visit "Mars: The Astronomy and the Astrology."

      Last month's lunar cycle marked the completion of the previous 780-day Mars synodic cycle; i.e., a completion of how we had been using our creative power, sexual energy, the focus of the patriarchal expression in the world, and the nature of our experience of the masculine force in our lives.

      Although we begin a new and fortuitous Mars cycle in this lunar cycle, engaging in an entirely new Mars dynamic, we will not move fully forward in this new energetic until Mars completes its retrograde in the following lunar cycle (Sept 25). This current lunar cycle provides opportunity to resynchronize our selves into this new expression.

      New Moon July 28New Moon Aug 27New Moon Sept 25
      Mars Retrograde
      July 28
      Earth-Mars Closest Approach
      Aug 27
      Mars Direct
      Sept 27
      Mars Opposition

      The New Mars Synodic
      Cycle Begins Aug 28

      Mercury
      Retrograde

      Aug 28
      The New Mercury Synodic
      Cycle Begins
      Sept 10

      Full Moon
      Mercury
      Direct

      Sept 20

      A retrograde period of a planet marks the time when we disengage from a planet's previous synodic cycle of expression in our lives and engage in its next one. The planet's previous synodic cycle ends and new one begins in the midst of its retrograde period. Retrograde periods are a time when the momentum of the planetary quality expressing in our lives releases, thus allowing us the opportunity to shift within and redefine its expression. During the retrograde period, lower-order patterns associated with the previous theme within ourselves can surface to be released so we can then engage in the new octave of growth to follow.

      From the last Lunar Cycle

      "The previous Mars cycle theme was set by the stars of the "Sting of the Scorpion" in June of 2001 (shortly prior to the sting of the world trade tower event). The theme of this coming Mars cycle is set by the beneficent and humanitarian stars of the Aquarian Waterman." This two-month transition retrograde period (August-September) is particularly potent and significant because Mars will be closer to Earth than it ever has been in about 60,000 years. The gravo-magnetic intensification created by the two planets creates an extreme intensification of the Martian expression in our lives as well as an intensification of the new and beneficent Mars theme about to emerge in our lives.

      The new 780-day Mars expression engaging now is formulated by these stars:

      Fomalhaut, one the "Four Royal Architects of the Heavens is the administrative star marking the Aquarian quadrant of the zodiak. Fomalhaut embodies all that has to do with humanitarian vision and support--inspiring future vision for an evolved humanitarian society. Fomalhaut inspires also new ideas and pursuits in the art-sciences and in social issues of the world.

      Sadalmelik Alpha Aquarius is the "lucky one of the kingdom." Sadalmelik brings fortuitous capacity to be recognized and accepted in the kingdom of human affairs, it is often of those in the upper echelons of life--especially in the arts and sciences. Generally, bring Sadalmelik brings fortuitous opportunity for those with humanitarian interest, and who are in those arenas where such interest can be expressed.

      In the northern heavens lies Deneb, the tail of the swan. Cygnus is also the Messianic Needle of the Heavens (Takra) and the top ((head) of the cross lying upon the galactic equator. Deneb, is the first primary star in Earth's precessional cycle, and thus it is the messianic head of the precessional cycle of the Holy Cross--embodying the God-Essence in the evolutionary cycle of the soul. Deneb inspires participation from the unadulterated androgynous pure essence of our souls--before fragmentation of consciousness--while expressing into the cloaked world of human sexuality and duality. Deneb asks us to stand in the awareness of our pure soul essence and truth, in our God-self wholeness.

      Enif of Pegasus, the nose of the Magical Flying Horse, brings intuitiveness and sensitivity to the humanitarian Aquarian pursuit, with the capacity to recognize what is of essence, of value, and worthy of support. Enif is of people capable of providing humanitarian material and financial support. It is of those that have the intuitive awareness, and humanitarian sensitivity to provide such support.

      May we rise to the occasion!

      Mercury Retrograde

      This Mercury retrograde period (Aug 27 - Sept 20), synchronistically coincides with the beginning of the new Mars synodic cycle. This Mercury retrograde provides a period to disengage from our previous mentality, from our attitudes and beliefs about how things have been. It supports us to open to the new currents and new directions now unfolding in our lives. This period supports us to evolve strategies and logistics to move forth in concert with these new winds stirring before us.

      Just as Mars completes and begins a new synodic cycle, so too is Mercury doing the same during its retrograde period. Mercury's synodic cycle is much shorter than that of Mars, being only 116 days in length. Mercury's new synodic cycle begins on the Full Moon of Sept 10 (when retrograde Mercury and the Sun conjoin). Although we shift into the New Mercury cycle then, we will not move fully forward in this new Mercury energetic until the following lunar cycle begins.

      The theme of Mercury's new 116-day synodic cycle is set by the stars that conjoin Earth and Mercury when looking from the Sun (as seen in a sidereal heliocentric chart). Here, in late sidereal Aquarius, we have Beta Horologium and the entry into "the Circlet"--the mouths of the fishes (Pisces). The theme is having a fortunate opportunity to go back to reclaim what is rightfully ours. This does however imply a need to go back through some emotional waters to go forward.

      From Earth's view, Mercury retrogrades in late sidereal Leo, conjoining the stars in the hind of the Lion, supporting our relinquishment of those situations that which have come to be toxic in our lives, tainting our ability to move into a new octave of being. Pulsar CP1133 of Leo and the star Asterion of the Barking Dogs provide warnings about diversionary foul winds that could fuel a fire.

      Heart of the Scorpion

      Our First Quarter Moon of September 3 aligns with Antares (which marks the center of sidereal Scorpio) bringing an "outer stimulus" that challenges us to take a stand against any antiquated establishments that misuse creative power. Antares inspires a sense of responsibly to educate about the use of raw creative power and to apply it responsibly for the evolutionary freedom of all involved, whether in our personal lives or in the greater global community.

      The Full Moon & Mars

      During the few days leading up to the Full Moon of Sept 10, we will see the Moon approaching Mars in the evening sky. (The high energy Full Moon eve occurs on Sept 9 (MST)). Our Full Moon lies in late sidereal Aquarius, lying just past brilliant red Mars, at the same place in the heavens that defines the theme of Mercury's new 116-day synodic cycle. Here we have the vision, enthusiasm, and sobering realization about the dynamic theme of this lunar cycle: what it means to set a new course; what it means to go back to go forward, to release our antiquated mind sets and modalities of living; and of course, what it means to refocus our creative expression in alignment with the beneficent future vision of the Aquarian Waterman.

      New Bridges

      Chiron completes its retrograde period as we approach the Last Quarter Moon of Sept 18. This brings an inner impulse that the time is close to cross the new bridges in our lives that have been slowly emerging over the last few month period. Chiron began a new cycle synodic cycle on July 7, 2003, in the midst of its retrograde--conjoined Vega of Lyra, Harp of the Angels, and Beta Sagittarius, inspiring action on our greater spiritual truths.

      Vega, the Harp-Star, embodies the essence of angelic Lyra; the spiritual and visionary art of the angels or angles--meaning harmonics of light, sound, and geometry applied in sacred proportion. Conjoining Vega is Arkab, Beta Sagittarius, inspiring "action on our greater spiritual truth" in the application of harmony in proportion, a truth upheld by the Zen Archer.

      To learn more of Chiron in our lives see "The Asteroids#Chiron."

      Mercury completes its retrograde (on Sept 20) just before the Balsamic Moon of Sept 22 as we coalesces the lunar cycle's experience into seed form and as we then focus to the future in anticipation for the next lunar cycle to come.

      Our next New Moon occurs on Sept 25 as we also commence the new Mars synodic cycle and this next Mercury cycle as well. The next lunar cycle will embody the essence of our "Super Galactic Center"--lying over the head of the Virgin--the spiritual center for the evolution of consciousness in the entire cluster of galaxies in which our galaxy resides. More to come then…

      View the Sidereal Heavens: Under the Stars
      A sky map of the heavens that shows the stars, constellations, and the sidereal signs.
      Visually learn which stars and constellations create each sidereal sign.

      *  *  *

      We need not live in endless struggle, overwhelmed by the
      surface turbulence of our growth and awakening process.
      We can establish an inner peace instead, with life
      becoming a graceful dance when we attune ourselves to the
      natural spiral of growth that is guiding our lives.
      Living in attunement to the natural Lunar Cycles
      is an effective and empowering way to do this.
      Living in attunement to the natural astronomical
      cycles of life is living in faith and trust in the
      Divine Creative Intelligence expressing throughout our lives.

      The Lunar Planner is an experiential tool teaching us
      how to live in attunement to the natural lunar cycles.
      Astronomical Sidereal Astrology and Star Lore reveal each
      lunar month's theme, and the planetary
      themes unfolding throughout the year.
      Each lunar month's theme weaves a continuing story line
      of the patterns of growth unfolding in our lives

      *  *  *

      To learn to live in attunement to the phases of the Lunar Cycle,
      you can download the Lunar Planner Introduction PDF file and
      the current Lunar Calendar PDF file and use them daily.

      DOWNLOAD THIS MONTH'S LUNAR CALENDAR PDF FILE
      The Lunar Calendar reveals the dates and times of each lunar phase shift and their
      changing characteristics as well as key planetary alignments. Use this like a calendar or
      daily planner.The Lunar Calendar goes hand-in-hand with the introductory material.
      Use this daily to learn how to live attuned to the Lunar Cycles of Life.

      DOWNLOAD THE LUNAR PLANNER INTRODUCTION PDF FILE
      Step by step instructions on how to use the Lunar Calendar and
      detailed description of the changing lunar phases.
      Teaches you how to live in attunement to the Lunar Calendar.
      The INtroduction goes hand-in-hand with the Lunar Calendar.

      LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ASTEROIDS

      LEARN ABOUT SIDEREAL ASTROLOGY

      RETURN TO THE LUNAR MONTH ARCHIVE & SNIPPET LIST

      RETURN TO THE LUNAR PLANNER'S MAIN PAGE

      GO TO THE HOLY CROSS MAIN PAGE

      RETURN TO TOP

      Copyright © 2003 Nick Anthony Fiorenza, All Rights Reserved