Re: [lovingpurelove] LOVE

  • Karen Pennington
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
      Roses are red, Violets are blue
      If I love me, will you love you?
      It takes us loving ourselves first
      Before we can extend our love to others
      Before we can say, Roses are red, Violets are blue
      You can love me and I can love you.

      I know, I know. It's too kindergarteny; but it just
      sort of rolled out in response to the question and
      answer. I deeply apologize to all the true poets in
      our midsts. Love & Hugs, Karen
      --- pattimaris1675@... wrote:
      > Ron,
      > Practicing love? Love is a natural energy, and
      > comes from the inner heart,
      > spirit, soul in each of us, it is not something we
      > practice but simply go to
      > the area of love and feel it, use it, send it out
      > and receive it. There are
      > no set rules, because it is natural.
      > Thinking positive thoughts is the secret to feeling
      > the love that is free and
      > pure and always there for us to use, to feel. Fears
      > or worries take us away
      > and into the negative.
      > So we try to stay positive even during rocky times.
      > Because that is where
      > love will meet you always.
      > Pattimari

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • Karen Pennington
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
        Hi JoAnn, I know exactly what you mean. If you just
        look around you at everyday miracles that may not seem
        so miraculous but are, it gives you a better
        understanding of God's love for each of us. I can see
        how some people were persecuted for their funny
        beliefs because it is so beautiful as well as magical
        I find myself humming. Which is odd for me because I'm
        not much one to hum. But like you said, when negative
        thoughts try to slip in, I stop them dead in their
        tracks by forcing myself to think of something that
        will make me smile - sort of like Peter Pan when he
        was relearning how to fly - all he had to do was hold
        on to that one special thought that lifted him up and
        away he would fly. I like to sit and think sometimes,
        just imagine what it would be like if . . . . and then
        go off on my own merry minute vacation. I indulge my
        fantasy with everything I want - of course, in my
        case, most of it has to do with food and the eating of
        it without gaining the weight. We must encourage
        ourselves to find joy and then share it freely. Love &
        hugs, Karen

        http://community.webtv.net/JoAnnKite13/AlchemicalPoetry

        http://shopping.yahoo.com/
      • pattimaris1675@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
          Running To Win

          Did I catch you on the hill far away
          looking down at me
          watching, wondering, smiling at me
          on my knees
          with a red strike still felt upon my face
          crushed and rolled over
          and thrown
          to the dark deep hole
          falling like a grain of dust
          meeting its bottom
          to lie and feel
          the tear of the wound
          the blood oozing
          falling like a grain
          down
          down
          into the darkness

          In the quickness of the falling
          I saw it was myself
          in the depths of the dark
          Crawling to my mind
          I opened the door
          to the room
          of light
          pulled on the string

          Creativity entered
          and along came
          Positive thoughts
          that opened and touched my mind
          entered into the halls of my heart
          with all that lived in the heavens
          cheered as I crawled out
          into the fresh
          soil
          where my face embraced
          opening closed windows
          ah, in came Mighty Wind
          to swiftly blow me
          into warm positive shores
          I knew was it all a dream
          a dream while I slept
          or a dream in my mind
          Tall I stood
          looking
          watching
          While standing tall feeling nature's love
          nature's touch
          caused a sensation within myself
          and all of a sudden
          I began running
          and running
          to win~

          PattimariĀ©2000
        • Karen Pennington
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
            How do we get answers if we don't ask the questions,
            even if it feels like we're asking the wrong
            questions. The only bad question is the one that is
            thought but never asked. What are we are here for if
            not to take each other by the hand so that none of us
            will stumble and lose our way? Love & Hugs, Karen

            http://shopping.yahoo.com/
          • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
              Hi, Karen and everyone,
              Peter Pan was one of my favorite stories as a child, and as I look
              back on my life, I see that that's how I was able to go on sometimes -
              that magical, marvellous power of our imaginations, which is more than
              just make-believe or fantasy; it's like a powerful energy that can
              transform the very structure of our reality.
              We can actually transmute our negative thoughts and feelings into
              positive realities by concentrating on their opposite until a balance is
              acheived and harmony is restored. Life is as wonderful as we choose to
              make it!

              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                Exactly! And the beauty of it is, when we allow
                ourselves to let go of negative thoughts, the energy
                we have left is crystal pure. It's as if we have
                unblocked our spiritual cores and the joy flows
                freely. What a wonderful gift to share with those all
                around us because as we all know there's a lot of
                blocked up souls running around.

                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                  Ah JoAnn,
                  You are so right about magical marvelous power in imaginations. Our positive
                  thoughts are what create our day, night, tomorrow's. It is like a magical
                  genie.
                  Pattimari
                • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                    Yes, and you know, thinking positive has sort of a magical "snowball"
                    effect. I remember when I first began practicing positive, loving
                    thoughts, it seemed very difficult. I had been so used to seeing things
                    in a negative way that the habit was very hard to break. But as the
                    weeks and months went by, I began to notice that it was now easier to
                    think positive and it became a joyous game to seek out the positive in
                    everything.
                    Once we catch the fragrance of our inner worth and beauty, there's
                    no stopping us until we become all we were meant to be!

                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                      Yep, once again there's another nail on the head. Love
                      and Hugs, Karen
                      --- JoAnnKite13@... wrote:
                      > Yes, and you know, thinking positive has sort of a
                      > magical "snowball"
                      > effect. I remember when I first began practicing
                      > positive, loving
                      > thoughts, it seemed very difficult. I had been so
                      > used to seeing things
                      > in a negative way that the habit was very hard to
                      > break. But as the
                      > weeks and months went by, I began to notice that it
                      > was now easier to
                      > think positive and it became a joyous game to seek
                      > out the positive in
                      > everything.
                      > Once we catch the fragrance of our inner worth
                      > and beauty, there's
                      > no stopping us until we become all we were meant to
                      > be!
                      > Love,
                      > JoAnn

                      http://community.webtv.net/JoAnnKite13/AlchemicalPoetry

                      http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                    • pterbias
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 20, 2002
                        This is an edited extract from the book "The Nine Freedoms":

                        The Second Freedom Will Be LOVE.

                        LOVE is a natural energy which is all pervasive, greater than mind,
                        and can be contacted and brought into active manifestation.
                        In its highest aspect it is above all forms of individualization. It
                        is impersonal. It brings Freedom.
                        LOVE is sacrifice, real sacrifice. It is more than a state of mind,
                        it is a state of whole being (such is the condition of the gods and
                        masters* ).
                        The whole Cosmos is filled with this power, and we are invited to
                        contact it, and use it, but let it be for the highest good!
                        LOVE is something which is least understood, but much talked about,
                        and is far greater than basic emotionalism. It is an active living
                        thing.

                        (*)my supplement
                        Peter
                      • pterbias
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 4, 2002
                          LOVE
                          This L-O-V-E is not recognised for what it Really Is, in absolute
                          terms. It is an Energy which has different levels of existence
                          mutable and transmutable upon all these levels back to its one basic
                          source. It is The Third Creative Force, above and greater than Mind.
                          For the Ascended Masters it is their whole Being. It is the most
                          basic, and the final of all Freedoms.
                          To manifest this Force is the function of the groups, or solitary
                          individuals, which meditate in unison for world peace and
                          enlightnement.

                          In its highest form it is an irresistible power, and will multiply
                          itself by a factor of Four, repeatedly, until it is accepted by
                          whatever its target, until it is transmuted or destroyed. In this
                          mode it is the the weapon wielded by the those who have attained the
                          privilege, through the highest initiations as agents of transmutation.

                          When using this force for world healing : hHold forth the
                          outstretched palms level with the Heart centre. The power then
                          streams out from the psychic centers of the palms and the heart
                          centre. By holding the hands together in the orthodox way only holds
                          it within the aura.

                          I should imagine that it is the province of certain Devic agencies to
                          consolidate the energy, and deliver it to approved areas.

                          The important thing to be always aware of, is the danger of anything
                          negative in intent which could interfere with individual freewill.

                          (This is taken from the book The Nine Fredoms, and the lecture by
                          George King)
                        • nachiketan
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 29, 2004

                            LOVE?

                            Considering how little I know of love, it is interestingly my favorite topic.  I believe that Love is the Light that we seek, the benevolent energy force that moves the universe,  the Higher Power that guides us...

                            When it comes to expressing and experiencing Love in my human relations, Love becomes more challenging.  Here are some things that I have learned about Love; what Love is and what Love is not.  Which category do your personal relations fall under?  (not only with others, but with yourself...)

                            What Love Is Not:

                             What Love Is:

                            Complicated Simple

                            Darkness Light

                            Dishonor Respect

                            Judgment Understanding

                            Pretending Genuine

                            Controlling Freedom

                            Drama Gentleness

                            Conflict Peace

                            Self-seeking Giving

                            Vengeance Mercy

                            Superficial Complete

                            Demanding Patience

                            Cruelty  Kindness

                            Proud  Humble

                            Rejection Embracing

                            Sorrow Joy

                            Grasping Releasing

                            Resentment Forgiveness

                            Betrayal Loyalty

                            Anger Benevolence

                            Biased Open-minded

                            Carelessness Commitment

                            Shame Self-acceptance

                            Restlessness Stillness

                            Fear Faith

                            Mystery Clarity

                            Fantasy Reality

                            Manipulation Letting Go

                            Suspicion Trust

                            Deception  Truth

                            Cowardice Courage

                            Wanting Gratitude

                            Expectation Unconditional

                            Pity Admiration

                            Emptiness Fulfillment

                            Degrading Uplifting

                            Lack Wholeness

                            Blind Awareness

                            Martyrdom Receiving

                            Draining Empowering

                            Cunning Innocent

                            Suffering  Surrender

                            For Nothing The Source of All Miracles

                            It's almost humorous looking at these lists in black and white, because it seems as if it would be a no-brainer to figure out the difference between what love is and love is not.

                            Actually, I can honestly say that the "romantic" relationships that I have had, more often than not, were of the first column variety.  If you are in any relationship that you identify with the first column rather than the second... It is NOT LOVE. It is a pseudo-love masquerading as Love. As well, you might ask yourself: what is it exactly that is attracting you to this situation? Is it rewarding to you, or is it some strange form of punishment?

                            Until your relationships are of the "second column" variety, you cannot experience the beauty that real love can bring. Ask yourself honestly-- you owe it to yourself. Are you playing the game of pseudo-love, or are you enjoying the real thing?

                            I have truly come to appreciate the truth in that old saying: "You cannot Love another until you learn to Love yourself." It always begins with us... Don't attempt to seek outside yourself for love. It isn't something that we can "get" from another. It is something that we may be privileged enough to SHARE with others. When you learn to Love yourself, then you will be blessed.

                            With Love!

                            Author Unknown