Hide and Seek...

  • Raven
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2001
      Hi Polly and all,

      Just popped in to share a poem I received from another group. Hope
      everyone is having a joyous holiday season!

      In Light, Love and Laughter,
      RAven
      *********************************
      Hide and Seek

      She was Goddess
      I was God...
      Together We had soared Above the trees
      Together We had dived Into the depths
      And together burrowed Into The Earth Her Body,
      In Our adventure.

      We had witnessed the dawn of Creation
      We looked upon the Mystery
      And found this precious instant This moment Now
      The beginning
      The middle and
      The end of things.
      And We knew the Source of it all.
      Timeless and Immortal.

      Let Us play a game We said.
      It is "hide and seek"
      I will hide everywhere!
      You must find Me,
      For the game Can only end
      When I am found And when I Find You.
      You Whom I Love As My Very Self.

      And a world arose...
      Filled it was with forms and forces
      Full of drama,
      Sometimes comedy
      Sometimes tragedy.
      Sometimes We got sloppy And descended Into melodrama?
      And in this WE Played Our game.
      Of "Hide and Seek."

      Easy it was to know some of the places She hid,
      She hid in every woman's body
      Inside of every girl child
      The flowers in the field
      The depths of the Earth, And of the seas,
      And in the shadows Of the forests,
      And in the Pastures of Plenty,
      And in the Garden...
      She hid HerSelf.

      I hid in the bodies and in the minds
      Of every man-child
      Born of woman.
      Mine was every quest
      Each search for gold And other treasures,
      For jewels and For adventure.
      Conquest and dominion
      Ever Competition always With my very Self.
      In war, and in the end of wars, There I hid.
      In grandeur and degradation, Nobility and humiliation,
      There went I.
      Until...
      Until...

      I remembered Her.
      It was always She I sought.
      And I had thought there was "something else"
      In all Creation That could take Her place.
      In wealth, In power, In glory and in fame.
      All these Were but substitutes
      For this, my Lady.
      For Her...

      So my quest turned from outward to inside,
      For We had made the world
      For the dance of Our Play
      The game of Our Search
      The Play of Our Dance
      The Quest,
      Eternal it seemed,
      For The Holy Grail.
      For that which cannot be found In all the world's
      glamours,
      Cannot lie in self-glorification,
      But can only be found
      Where it always Was...
      Within.
      Within.

      And In This very Heart
      In This very Mind
      Found I My Beloved
      And here too She found Me.
      For, in the beginning...
      Which is Now,
      We were not really Two.
      We could not really be apart
      For we were the same:
      One Being,
      Being One Being,
      Being One, Being, Being One Being
      Being One
      Playing a Game Of Hide and Seek.

      Namasté--Blesséd Be, and Peace to all Beings!...
      ~~~~~
      Robin Goodfellow and/or Gaia Wildewoode
      ~~~~~
      "All Life is Sacred; all Life is One."