Re: [lovingpurelove] LOVE

  • Ron Cogan
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000

      Dear Patti,

      I just put a message at the club for you and I thought that I had erased it, I can tell you this I am not sure that I will ever learn this crazy puter.   Oh by the way tell Sianna that no way can she join the club.  she is not old enough,  just joking.  I don't know if you are there or not so i sent this message like this.--RON

        pattimaris1675@... wrote:

      Ron,
      Practicing love?  Love is a natural energy, and comes from the inner heart,
      spirit, soul in each of us, it is not something we practice but simply go to
      the area of love and feel it, use it, send it out and receive it. There are
      no set rules, because it is natural.
      Thinking positive thoughts is the secret to feeling the love that is free and
      pure and always there for us to use, to feel. Fears or worries take us away
      and into the negative.
      So we try to stay positive even during rocky times.  Because that is where
      love will meet you always.
      Pattimari

      Posting message to this list:
      http://www.egroups.com/group/lovingpurelove

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • Karen Pennington
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
        Roses are red, Violets are blue
        If I love me, will you love you?
        It takes us loving ourselves first
        Before we can extend our love to others
        Before we can say, Roses are red, Violets are blue
        You can love me and I can love you.

        I know, I know. It's too kindergarteny; but it just
        sort of rolled out in response to the question and
        answer. I deeply apologize to all the true poets in
        our midsts. Love & Hugs, Karen
        --- pattimaris1675@... wrote:
        > Ron,
        > Practicing love? Love is a natural energy, and
        > comes from the inner heart,
        > spirit, soul in each of us, it is not something we
        > practice but simply go to
        > the area of love and feel it, use it, send it out
        > and receive it. There are
        > no set rules, because it is natural.
        > Thinking positive thoughts is the secret to feeling
        > the love that is free and
        > pure and always there for us to use, to feel. Fears
        > or worries take us away
        > and into the negative.
        > So we try to stay positive even during rocky times.
        > Because that is where
        > love will meet you always.
        > Pattimari

        http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • Karen Pennington
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
          Hi JoAnn, I know exactly what you mean. If you just
          look around you at everyday miracles that may not seem
          so miraculous but are, it gives you a better
          understanding of God's love for each of us. I can see
          how some people were persecuted for their funny
          beliefs because it is so beautiful as well as magical
          I find myself humming. Which is odd for me because I'm
          not much one to hum. But like you said, when negative
          thoughts try to slip in, I stop them dead in their
          tracks by forcing myself to think of something that
          will make me smile - sort of like Peter Pan when he
          was relearning how to fly - all he had to do was hold
          on to that one special thought that lifted him up and
          away he would fly. I like to sit and think sometimes,
          just imagine what it would be like if . . . . and then
          go off on my own merry minute vacation. I indulge my
          fantasy with everything I want - of course, in my
          case, most of it has to do with food and the eating of
          it without gaining the weight. We must encourage
          ourselves to find joy and then share it freely. Love &
          hugs, Karen

          http://community.webtv.net/JoAnnKite13/AlchemicalPoetry

          http://shopping.yahoo.com/
        • pattimaris1675@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
            Running To Win

            Did I catch you on the hill far away
            looking down at me
            watching, wondering, smiling at me
            on my knees
            with a red strike still felt upon my face
            crushed and rolled over
            and thrown
            to the dark deep hole
            falling like a grain of dust
            meeting its bottom
            to lie and feel
            the tear of the wound
            the blood oozing
            falling like a grain
            down
            down
            into the darkness

            In the quickness of the falling
            I saw it was myself
            in the depths of the dark
            Crawling to my mind
            I opened the door
            to the room
            of light
            pulled on the string

            Creativity entered
            and along came
            Positive thoughts
            that opened and touched my mind
            entered into the halls of my heart
            with all that lived in the heavens
            cheered as I crawled out
            into the fresh
            soil
            where my face embraced
            opening closed windows
            ah, in came Mighty Wind
            to swiftly blow me
            into warm positive shores
            I knew was it all a dream
            a dream while I slept
            or a dream in my mind
            Tall I stood
            looking
            watching
            While standing tall feeling nature's love
            nature's touch
            caused a sensation within myself
            and all of a sudden
            I began running
            and running
            to win~

            PattimariĀ©2000
          • Karen Pennington
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
              How do we get answers if we don't ask the questions,
              even if it feels like we're asking the wrong
              questions. The only bad question is the one that is
              thought but never asked. What are we are here for if
              not to take each other by the hand so that none of us
              will stumble and lose our way? Love & Hugs, Karen

              http://shopping.yahoo.com/
            • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                Hi, Karen and everyone,
                Peter Pan was one of my favorite stories as a child, and as I look
                back on my life, I see that that's how I was able to go on sometimes -
                that magical, marvellous power of our imaginations, which is more than
                just make-believe or fantasy; it's like a powerful energy that can
                transform the very structure of our reality.
                We can actually transmute our negative thoughts and feelings into
                positive realities by concentrating on their opposite until a balance is
                acheived and harmony is restored. Life is as wonderful as we choose to
                make it!

                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                  Exactly! And the beauty of it is, when we allow
                  ourselves to let go of negative thoughts, the energy
                  we have left is crystal pure. It's as if we have
                  unblocked our spiritual cores and the joy flows
                  freely. What a wonderful gift to share with those all
                  around us because as we all know there's a lot of
                  blocked up souls running around.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                    Ah JoAnn,
                    You are so right about magical marvelous power in imaginations. Our positive
                    thoughts are what create our day, night, tomorrow's. It is like a magical
                    genie.
                    Pattimari
                  • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                      Yes, and you know, thinking positive has sort of a magical "snowball"
                      effect. I remember when I first began practicing positive, loving
                      thoughts, it seemed very difficult. I had been so used to seeing things
                      in a negative way that the habit was very hard to break. But as the
                      weeks and months went by, I began to notice that it was now easier to
                      think positive and it became a joyous game to seek out the positive in
                      everything.
                      Once we catch the fragrance of our inner worth and beauty, there's
                      no stopping us until we become all we were meant to be!

                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                        Yep, once again there's another nail on the head. Love
                        and Hugs, Karen
                        --- JoAnnKite13@... wrote:
                        > Yes, and you know, thinking positive has sort of a
                        > magical "snowball"
                        > effect. I remember when I first began practicing
                        > positive, loving
                        > thoughts, it seemed very difficult. I had been so
                        > used to seeing things
                        > in a negative way that the habit was very hard to
                        > break. But as the
                        > weeks and months went by, I began to notice that it
                        > was now easier to
                        > think positive and it became a joyous game to seek
                        > out the positive in
                        > everything.
                        > Once we catch the fragrance of our inner worth
                        > and beauty, there's
                        > no stopping us until we become all we were meant to
                        > be!
                        > Love,
                        > JoAnn

                        http://community.webtv.net/JoAnnKite13/AlchemicalPoetry

                        http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                      • pterbias
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 20, 2002
                          This is an edited extract from the book "The Nine Freedoms":

                          The Second Freedom Will Be LOVE.

                          LOVE is a natural energy which is all pervasive, greater than mind,
                          and can be contacted and brought into active manifestation.
                          In its highest aspect it is above all forms of individualization. It
                          is impersonal. It brings Freedom.
                          LOVE is sacrifice, real sacrifice. It is more than a state of mind,
                          it is a state of whole being (such is the condition of the gods and
                          masters* ).
                          The whole Cosmos is filled with this power, and we are invited to
                          contact it, and use it, but let it be for the highest good!
                          LOVE is something which is least understood, but much talked about,
                          and is far greater than basic emotionalism. It is an active living
                          thing.

                          (*)my supplement
                          Peter
                        • pterbias
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 4, 2002
                            LOVE
                            This L-O-V-E is not recognised for what it Really Is, in absolute
                            terms. It is an Energy which has different levels of existence
                            mutable and transmutable upon all these levels back to its one basic
                            source. It is The Third Creative Force, above and greater than Mind.
                            For the Ascended Masters it is their whole Being. It is the most
                            basic, and the final of all Freedoms.
                            To manifest this Force is the function of the groups, or solitary
                            individuals, which meditate in unison for world peace and
                            enlightnement.

                            In its highest form it is an irresistible power, and will multiply
                            itself by a factor of Four, repeatedly, until it is accepted by
                            whatever its target, until it is transmuted or destroyed. In this
                            mode it is the the weapon wielded by the those who have attained the
                            privilege, through the highest initiations as agents of transmutation.

                            When using this force for world healing : hHold forth the
                            outstretched palms level with the Heart centre. The power then
                            streams out from the psychic centers of the palms and the heart
                            centre. By holding the hands together in the orthodox way only holds
                            it within the aura.

                            I should imagine that it is the province of certain Devic agencies to
                            consolidate the energy, and deliver it to approved areas.

                            The important thing to be always aware of, is the danger of anything
                            negative in intent which could interfere with individual freewill.

                            (This is taken from the book The Nine Fredoms, and the lecture by
                            George King)
                          • nachiketan
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 29, 2004

                              LOVE?

                              Considering how little I know of love, it is interestingly my favorite topic.  I believe that Love is the Light that we seek, the benevolent energy force that moves the universe,  the Higher Power that guides us...

                              When it comes to expressing and experiencing Love in my human relations, Love becomes more challenging.  Here are some things that I have learned about Love; what Love is and what Love is not.  Which category do your personal relations fall under?  (not only with others, but with yourself...)

                              What Love Is Not:

                               What Love Is:

                              Complicated Simple

                              Darkness Light

                              Dishonor Respect

                              Judgment Understanding

                              Pretending Genuine

                              Controlling Freedom

                              Drama Gentleness

                              Conflict Peace

                              Self-seeking Giving

                              Vengeance Mercy

                              Superficial Complete

                              Demanding Patience

                              Cruelty  Kindness

                              Proud  Humble

                              Rejection Embracing

                              Sorrow Joy

                              Grasping Releasing

                              Resentment Forgiveness

                              Betrayal Loyalty

                              Anger Benevolence

                              Biased Open-minded

                              Carelessness Commitment

                              Shame Self-acceptance

                              Restlessness Stillness

                              Fear Faith

                              Mystery Clarity

                              Fantasy Reality

                              Manipulation Letting Go

                              Suspicion Trust

                              Deception  Truth

                              Cowardice Courage

                              Wanting Gratitude

                              Expectation Unconditional

                              Pity Admiration

                              Emptiness Fulfillment

                              Degrading Uplifting

                              Lack Wholeness

                              Blind Awareness

                              Martyrdom Receiving

                              Draining Empowering

                              Cunning Innocent

                              Suffering  Surrender

                              For Nothing The Source of All Miracles

                              It's almost humorous looking at these lists in black and white, because it seems as if it would be a no-brainer to figure out the difference between what love is and love is not.

                              Actually, I can honestly say that the "romantic" relationships that I have had, more often than not, were of the first column variety.  If you are in any relationship that you identify with the first column rather than the second... It is NOT LOVE. It is a pseudo-love masquerading as Love. As well, you might ask yourself: what is it exactly that is attracting you to this situation? Is it rewarding to you, or is it some strange form of punishment?

                              Until your relationships are of the "second column" variety, you cannot experience the beauty that real love can bring. Ask yourself honestly-- you owe it to yourself. Are you playing the game of pseudo-love, or are you enjoying the real thing?

                              I have truly come to appreciate the truth in that old saying: "You cannot Love another until you learn to Love yourself." It always begins with us... Don't attempt to seek outside yourself for love. It isn't something that we can "get" from another. It is something that we may be privileged enough to SHARE with others. When you learn to Love yourself, then you will be blessed.

                              With Love!

                              Author Unknown