Re: << lovingpurelove >> Fw: Nuns Sentenced

  • Constance Kosuda
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1 5:51 PM
      it's definitely not just you, hon - very scary times.

      constance kosuda, director of the annabelle foundation, mount holly, new jersey
      www.annabelle-foundation.org

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Susan Manning
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 4 6:11 AM
        Morning All,
        I have thought about this quite a bit and even though the world does
        seem crazy, I am noticing that there is just as much love and peace when
        one needs to find it. Many people on this email list are trudging
        through the same seemingly negative world and recognizing the beauty
        that surrounds us also. I try not to dwell on the stories such as these
        nuns, but it is very good for us all to know that people are walking
        their talk and taking the chance that those of us out here who are
        looking for the positive will hear and see and keep the faith that even
        though it seems like the negative people are taking charge, they are
        actually running scared.

        Ever since the presidential election where we were forced to accept a
        puppet president, I have realized that they are probably going to pull
        out all the stops and try to do whatever they can to control the world.
        But in my heart I knew that good will reign. And of course, it will, we
        just cannot always see it with the dark side having temporary control
        over mass media. This will change and is changing. They are running
        scared as we can see by the lies that they have told (that are being
        questioned) about why our military invaded Iraq. They are beginning to
        be tripped up by their own lies.

        I believe it is for us to hold the energies of love and peace and make
        sure that as many people as possible know as much of the truth as
        possible so that we can have faith that there are people out there who
        are making a difference. Continue to connection with the Source of All
        That Is and watch the truth unfold...even though it is slow, it is
        unfolding.

        A saying that a friend used to say to me always comes to mind
        "Everything is in Perfect Order" and I feel this is always true.

        My thought is to always hold on to and search out the truth (it's
        always out there), and simply observe the negative actions of others and
        parry them away from you. They are playing themselves out and I picture
        them as fizzling into nothing....

        Much love and peaceful, healing light to us all!!
        Susan

        >>> TobeyElias@... 08/01/03 06:24PM >>>
        "Yes, the world seems so crazy...

        The nuns protesting against nuclear war and the death of innocent men,
        women
        and children are sentenced to prison...

        whilst...

        Priests who rampantly sexually abuse children for years and years are
        protected under the cloak of secrecy and orgnized religion...

        Something just IS NOT right...

        Much Love To ALL,

        Tobey Elias"

        and in answer also to Philip:
        "Sorry for being late, but why were the nuns incarcerated. And is it
        just me
        or does it seem that the gates of hell have never so silently opened
        themselves and unleashed chaos upon the earth? Probably just me."
      • Constance Kosuda
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 4 9:57 AM
          good for you, susan -

          I get disheartened at times about what is going on in this country , as well as around the world.

          I am particularly distressed  by the poor quality of education that is available to most children in this country -

          education budgets are routinely slashed -

          children are not being taught the fundamentals of logic, or independent thought -

          that to me is a travesty -

          their ability to reason and think for themselves is at stake,  and, that would impact upon their ability to attain transcendence, it would seem to me -

          the only reason that the one in the white house can get away with so much is that the people as a whole are unable to perceive what is going on - and the lack of education available to them is a major contributing factor.

          I continue to advocate for change, which is, I am told, the breath of God.

          peace.

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 4 10:20 AM
            Constance,
            I also am distressed with our education system...at least here in
            America...don't know of all the others. I have just picked up a few
            books that address the 'dumbing down' of our children - so much to
            research. I have begun some work with young girls because I feel that
            most girls, and I look at myself and my peers, grow up thinking of
            themselves and then living as if they are second class citizens. Your
            point about not being taught the fundamentals of logic or independent
            thought is one of the biggest things in my book too!! In order for any
            of us to learn we need to ask questions, but in order for us to ask
            questions that will lead us to growth we need to know how to think the
            subject through - philosophy is a subject that comes to mind that as one
            that should be introduced in the lower grades instead of waiting college
            and not all curriculums in college require this either. I was in my 40s
            before I ever took a Philosophy class and even though I thought things
            through, I wasn't as good at asking the questions.

            I plan to work with the girls at my church with a program that begins
            with having them delve into Respect (basic meaning one week, of self
            next week, of others, etc..) I believe that we may be able to expand
            this to the boys at the church and the concept is something that I am
            hearing from teachers and principals is what the schools have been
            wanting, but it will have to be an afterschool program. However we can
            do it, I want to do it. There is another book that I'd like to get -
            the author was on Oprah when she was honoring teachers and this guy was
            a skinny Southern white boy that decided his quest was to teach
            underprivileged kids in the Bronx (I think) and his story was wonderful
            as he took the time to really spend time with his kids and met and would
            stay in touch with their parents the entire school year. He wrote this
            book about his 52 Rules that he expected all of his students to live by
            and he expected the parents to join with him in teaching them these
            rules - mostly revolving around respect for self and others. I think
            the book is called '52 Rules' or something like that. His last name is
            Clarke..that's what I remember, but I think it would be a great book for
            anyone to get who deals with kids or just has some.

            I will keep in mind your thought of change being the breath of God.

            Obviously, your words struck a chord with me!!!!

            Hope you are well....
            Susan

            >>> ckosuda@... 08/04/03 12:57PM >>>

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 4 10:06 PM
              hi susan - your goals are great - this is a very difficult topic to address -

              I have some friends who have a great website, if that is of assistance to you -

              www.creativeeducationalsystems.com,    they have a lot of great resources -

              one friend told me that his attempts to teach "how to think" in the schools was met with great resistance in the schools - that is kind of scary, imo -

              I remember the world opened up to me in college when I took "logic" - just one class, and I'm still shocked by the faulty logic that is bandied about by those in power - and that is put forth as "argument" by folks -

              very disturbing lack of mental ability -   I think it's tragic -

              I was a philosophy major in college, and unfortunately, found it a waste of time - but anything that helps  is worthwhile - it's different things for different people -

              also found law school a ridiculous waste of time, which did nothing to prepare one for being a lawyer -

              oh, well.

              I encourage you to give it all you got, and have great classes with the children.  blessings to you and all of your students.

            • Carolpippin@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 5 5:26 AM
                Dear Susan,

                Congradulations on your search for Truth!  Yes, these are trying times indeed, but like you said, we need to hold onto the love and peace.
                Hold onto your great faith, and thank you for sharing this message with us!

                Love and Peace Prevail,

                Version 6.0.435/Virus Database: 244 - Release date 10/12/2002

                Hold fast to your dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
                --
                L. Hughes