Re: << lovingpurelove >> Fw: Nuns Sentenced

  • Blue Phoenix
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2003
      Sorry for being late, but why were the nuns incarcerated. And is it just me
      or does it seem that the gates of hell have never so silently opened
      themselves and unleashed chaos upon the earth? Probably just me.

      What If. . .

      What if we could heal the world but we were too busy

      waiting for it to end. . .

      What if we could heal the world but didn't because we didn't know

      that we could. . .

      What if we could heal the world and we missed our chance. . . (Marcia
      Starck-Medical astrologer)

    • TobeyElias@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2003
        Yes, the world seems so crazy...

        The nuns protesting against nuclear war and the death of innocent men, women and children are sentenced to prison...

        whilst...

        Priests who rampantly sexually abuse children for years and years are protected under the cloak of secrecy and orgnized religion...

        Something just IS NOT right...

        Much Love To ALL,

        Tobey Elias

        "Ink runs from the corners of my mouth. There is no happiness like mine. I have been eating poetry. ~Mark Strand"

        Homepage:
        http://www.AuthorsDen.com/TobeyElias

        Yahoo Groups:

        Pray Without Ceasing
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pray_Without_Ceasing

        Soul Awakenings:

        The Village Beat Poets:

      • Constance Kosuda
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2003
          it's definitely not just you, hon - very scary times.

          constance kosuda, director of the annabelle foundation, mount holly, new jersey
          www.annabelle-foundation.org

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Susan Manning
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 4, 2003
            Morning All,
            I have thought about this quite a bit and even though the world does
            seem crazy, I am noticing that there is just as much love and peace when
            one needs to find it. Many people on this email list are trudging
            through the same seemingly negative world and recognizing the beauty
            that surrounds us also. I try not to dwell on the stories such as these
            nuns, but it is very good for us all to know that people are walking
            their talk and taking the chance that those of us out here who are
            looking for the positive will hear and see and keep the faith that even
            though it seems like the negative people are taking charge, they are
            actually running scared.

            Ever since the presidential election where we were forced to accept a
            puppet president, I have realized that they are probably going to pull
            out all the stops and try to do whatever they can to control the world.
            But in my heart I knew that good will reign. And of course, it will, we
            just cannot always see it with the dark side having temporary control
            over mass media. This will change and is changing. They are running
            scared as we can see by the lies that they have told (that are being
            questioned) about why our military invaded Iraq. They are beginning to
            be tripped up by their own lies.

            I believe it is for us to hold the energies of love and peace and make
            sure that as many people as possible know as much of the truth as
            possible so that we can have faith that there are people out there who
            are making a difference. Continue to connection with the Source of All
            That Is and watch the truth unfold...even though it is slow, it is
            unfolding.

            A saying that a friend used to say to me always comes to mind
            "Everything is in Perfect Order" and I feel this is always true.

            My thought is to always hold on to and search out the truth (it's
            always out there), and simply observe the negative actions of others and
            parry them away from you. They are playing themselves out and I picture
            them as fizzling into nothing....

            Much love and peaceful, healing light to us all!!
            Susan

            >>> TobeyElias@... 08/01/03 06:24PM >>>
            "Yes, the world seems so crazy...

            The nuns protesting against nuclear war and the death of innocent men,
            women
            and children are sentenced to prison...

            whilst...

            Priests who rampantly sexually abuse children for years and years are
            protected under the cloak of secrecy and orgnized religion...

            Something just IS NOT right...

            Much Love To ALL,

            Tobey Elias"

            and in answer also to Philip:
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 4, 2003
              good for you, susan -

              I get disheartened at times about what is going on in this country , as well as around the world.

              I am particularly distressed  by the poor quality of education that is available to most children in this country -

              education budgets are routinely slashed -

              children are not being taught the fundamentals of logic, or independent thought -

              that to me is a travesty -

              their ability to reason and think for themselves is at stake,  and, that would impact upon their ability to attain transcendence, it would seem to me -

              the only reason that the one in the white house can get away with so much is that the people as a whole are unable to perceive what is going on - and the lack of education available to them is a major contributing factor.

              I continue to advocate for change, which is, I am told, the breath of God.

              peace.

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 4, 2003
                Constance,
                I also am distressed with our education system...at least here in
                America...don't know of all the others. I have just picked up a few
                books that address the 'dumbing down' of our children - so much to
                research. I have begun some work with young girls because I feel that
                most girls, and I look at myself and my peers, grow up thinking of
                themselves and then living as if they are second class citizens. Your
                point about not being taught the fundamentals of logic or independent
                thought is one of the biggest things in my book too!! In order for any
                of us to learn we need to ask questions, but in order for us to ask
                questions that will lead us to growth we need to know how to think the
                subject through - philosophy is a subject that comes to mind that as one
                that should be introduced in the lower grades instead of waiting college
                and not all curriculums in college require this either. I was in my 40s
                before I ever took a Philosophy class and even though I thought things
                through, I wasn't as good at asking the questions.

                I plan to work with the girls at my church with a program that begins
                with having them delve into Respect (basic meaning one week, of self
                next week, of others, etc..) I believe that we may be able to expand
                this to the boys at the church and the concept is something that I am
                hearing from teachers and principals is what the schools have been
                wanting, but it will have to be an afterschool program. However we can
                do it, I want to do it. There is another book that I'd like to get -
                the author was on Oprah when she was honoring teachers and this guy was
                a skinny Southern white boy that decided his quest was to teach
                underprivileged kids in the Bronx (I think) and his story was wonderful
                as he took the time to really spend time with his kids and met and would
                stay in touch with their parents the entire school year. He wrote this
                book about his 52 Rules that he expected all of his students to live by
                and he expected the parents to join with him in teaching them these
                rules - mostly revolving around respect for self and others. I think
                the book is called '52 Rules' or something like that. His last name is
                Clarke..that's what I remember, but I think it would be a great book for
                anyone to get who deals with kids or just has some.

                I will keep in mind your thought of change being the breath of God.

                Obviously, your words struck a chord with me!!!!

                Hope you are well....
                Susan

                >>> ckosuda@... 08/04/03 12:57PM >>>

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 4, 2003
                  hi susan - your goals are great - this is a very difficult topic to address -

                  I have some friends who have a great website, if that is of assistance to you -

                  www.creativeeducationalsystems.com,    they have a lot of great resources -

                  one friend told me that his attempts to teach "how to think" in the schools was met with great resistance in the schools - that is kind of scary, imo -

                  I remember the world opened up to me in college when I took "logic" - just one class, and I'm still shocked by the faulty logic that is bandied about by those in power - and that is put forth as "argument" by folks -

                  very disturbing lack of mental ability -   I think it's tragic -

                  I was a philosophy major in college, and unfortunately, found it a waste of time - but anything that helps  is worthwhile - it's different things for different people -

                  also found law school a ridiculous waste of time, which did nothing to prepare one for being a lawyer -

                  oh, well.

                  I encourage you to give it all you got, and have great classes with the children.  blessings to you and all of your students.

                • Carolpippin@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 5, 2003
                    Dear Susan,

                    Congradulations on your search for Truth!  Yes, these are trying times indeed, but like you said, we need to hold onto the love and peace.
                    Hold onto your great faith, and thank you for sharing this message with us!

                    Love and Peace Prevail,

                    --
                    L. Hughes