Don't Plant Anything but Love - Rumi

  • Polly
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2003

      When you plant a tree
      every leaf that grows will tell you,
      what you sow will bear fruit.
      ~ ~
      So if you have any sense, my friend
      don't plant anything but love,
      you show your worth by what you seek.
      ~ ~
      Water flows to those who want purity
      wash your hands of all desires and
      come to the table of Love.
      ~ ~
      Do you want me to tell you a secret?
      The flowers attract the most beautiful lover
      with their sweet smile and scent.
      ~ ~
      If you let God weave the verse in your poem
      people will read it forever.

      'Rumi - Hidden Music' Translated by Maryam Mafi

    • Mayra Mendoza
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2003
        Beautiful poem Polly,

        This poem kind of brought memories from my past, and
        a huge smile on my face. Thank you, Love, Mayra

        --- Polly <pmenendez@...> wrote:

        > When you plant a tree
        > every leaf that grows will tell you,
        > what you sow will bear fruit.
        > ~ ~
        > So if you have any sense, my friend
        > don't plant anything but love,
        > you show your worth by what you seek.
        > ~ ~
        > Water flows to those who want purity
        > wash your hands of all desires and
        > come to the table of Love.
        > ~ ~
        > Do you want me to tell you a secret?
        > The flowers attract the most beautiful lover
        > with their sweet smile and scent.
        > ~ ~
        > If you let God weave the verse in your poem
        > people will read it forever.
        >

        > 'Rumi - Hidden Music' Translated by Maryam
        > Mafi
        >

        > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=floralenam4p.jpg

        > ATTACHMENT part 3 image/gif name=but-transbsmani.gif

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Polly
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003

          Thanks for saying so Mayra.