Re RON to Pattii

  • Ronald cogan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2000
      Hello, I just read your post and all the things that you are saying
      is great if you grew up listening to that type of thinking, but what
      if you grew up with the negitive type of thinking and want to
      change. You don't always know how to do that, and It takes practice
      to be who I really am. I tend to think the way that my life was but
      I don't like that type of thinking, so I am in the process of
      changing that thinking, but I could use some study time on how to
      look at the world from a loving point of view. I might not be
      explaining this the right way. During the war, I ran into many
      people who grew up with there life was a mess, and so was there
      thinking. When along came this bonehead american and explained that
      life was full of love and they had trouble understanding, untill I
      told them how to forgive and care for someone else and that is what
      life is all about. After that they started loving others all around
      them and came to me to ask if what they were doing was what love is.
      I hope this explains what I am asking. boy these words are the pits,
      to communitate. You know I know one thing, the love that I want to
      express here, I can't put into words. Does that mean that I should
      not try to explain? ---RON
    • Karen Pennington
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2000
        Ron, I don't mean to butt in (but, that's never
        stopped me from putting in my $.02 before). I'm just
        going through my e-mails and I've seen this one from
        you to Patti. She may have already answered you; but I
        felt compelled to add my thoughts. Communicating is
        one of the hardest things we humans try to do. Have
        you ever been in a situation where you're speaking
        English and the other person is speaking English; but
        you still can't seem to understand what point the
        other is trying to make? Communication works easier in
        person because you get the added benefit of voice
        inflections, hand gestures, eye rolls, and all those
        other little body language things we read and
        understand without realizing it. I've always heard the
        Golden Rule is one of the best measures against which
        to weigh and measure your thoughts and intentions.
        Trusting your inner voice of right and wrong also
        helps. If something feels good and is the way you
        would want to be treated yourself, generally speaking
        we all would like to have our share of hugs and kisses
        and supportive verbiage, giving and receiving
        validation works well most of the time. I am 50 years
        old, have been married 18, have 2 teenage sons and I
        still have trouble some days with my own definition of
        love or if I really know what it is at all. I think
        it's a work in progress. I do have those moments
        though when my soul fills up with warmth and a feeling
        of safety and someone needing me as much as I need
        them. I guess love's definition is different for
        everyone. I hope I've not been on my soap box for too
        long. But, no never stop trying to explain love to
        yourself or those around you. Who knows, with everyone
        searching, maybe one day we will all help each other
        to truly know. Love & Hugs, Karen

        http://shopping.yahoo.com/
      • pattimaris1675@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2000
          Ron, It doesn't matter if you grew up thinking that way or not. Love is
          inside us all. Even those that have never experienced it before, doesn't
          matter, it is still there to feel. There is no pattern, there no way - love
          is there, here. Close your eyes and feel it.
          Go to it. Ask for it. Love is pure and will come.
          Pattimari