Re: [lovingpurelove] LOVE

  • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
      Hi, Ron,
      We all have that seed of Love deep within us all the time. Even
      when we cover this up with old behaviors, that Love is still there
      inside us. It's what keeps us going from day to day. In Him (God) we
      live and move and have our being; and God is Love.
      Change comes about when we practice re-focusing our thoughts; in
      other words when we deliberately choose to concentrate on God's love to
      the exclusion of all else. As we think more and more about God's love,
      and look for it everywhere in our lives, those old behaviors have less
      and less energy to work with, and after a time, they dissipate from lack
      of attention. At first, this may seem almost impossible. The behaviors
      loom large, and the love seems far away. But each time you consciously
      choose to focus on the good things in life, you are actually building
      yourself a new life.
      God's love IS everywhere, Ron. Not just in some lofty metaphysical
      concepts, but right here, right now in front of our faces, and deep in
      our hearts. He's in the air you breathe, the sunshine that warms you,
      all around you, everywhere..
      I healed myself this way, one day at a time, by literally forcing
      myself to see the reality of God everywhere. And, believe me, I was a
      mess - filled with anger and self-pity, fear and hatred, seeing a
      psychiatrist twice a week and taking medication. But somehow, deep
      inside, I knew I was meant for better things, for a better, truer view
      of the world, so I took it step by step, day by day, until now I truly
      see God everywhere and have found genuine peace and happiness for the
      first time in my life, and I no longer need medication or therapy. So I
      know you can do it, too.
      Those old behaviors are NOT the real you. The REAL you is made in
      the image of God, filled with wonder and joy, a natural part of God's
      creation. You do have the power to change your life. Focus your
      attention on this real you and thereby learn to love yourself as God
      means you to do, and you will begin to see a miracle of transformation
      in your life.

      Love & Light,
      JoAnn

      http://community.webtv.net/JoAnnKite13/AlchemicalPoetry
    • pmenendez@myexcel.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
        Good Morning Ron, JoAnn, and Everyone here,

        Ron has asked a good question, how can we know love and express love?
        Seems to me, we each respond to that call in a myriad of ways.

        JoAnn shares that with concentrated pondering on God's love, we begin
        to see this love in our surroundings, appreciation grows, old
        behaviors fall away, a new life of love and appreciation is
        building. Yeah !!!

        As for the expressing, this will be from within us, out to ... God as
        a whole, community or group, and to family and individuals. And the
        expression may just be a touch, a smile, a kind word, doing physical
        tasks lovingly (cleaning windows, etc.), voicing your love, care, and
        affection, sharing your creativity in art and poetry, et al, singing,
        making people feel happier when they are down. I'm sure the list
        goes on.

        Within us is the creative power to respond and create situations
        lovingly, or at least calmly and peacefully. This must be said,
        since we are not always confronted with easy situations. People get
        stressed or pushy, and we need to do our part to keep situations from
        turning sour. This is when we need to be able to pull from our inner
        securities to either offer something positive and loving from our
        inner storehouse or ask for a temporary cease while we ponder what
        can be done.

        Enough cannot be said for appreciation and gratitude. You'll often
        hear the wisest people talking about gratitude. It seems that
        without a continual inner thankfulness, we may quickly find ourselves
        out of harmony. With gratitude continually flowing, we humbly take a
        small place in the vast universe and recognize our love and unity
        from there. Being this tiny part of a magnificent universe fills us
        with awe, wonder, and joy. Patti expresses this beautifully in her
        poetry. Keep them coming, Patti.

        I encourage everyone here to be expressive. No matter in what form
        it comes. Send out something positive and loving, and it will be
        returned to you.

        Love to all, Polly
      • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
          Hi, Polly, Ron & everyone,
          Oh, yes, Polly, gratitude was one of the biggest factors in my
          healing, that I forgot to mention in my last e-mail. We all have many
          things to be grateful for in life, and concentrating on these things
          works a wonderful transformation in our hearts. Whenever I would catch
          myself falling into that pit of negativity, I turned my attention to the
          reality of the blessings in my life, even very simple things like a warm
          coat on a cold day, the birds singing outside my window, the hot meal
          that was on my table.
          And another thing that's really important is living in the present
          moment. The past is gone, the future is yet to be -- all we ever really
          have is this present moment, and that's where God's love dwells.
          Whether it's washing windows, like you said, or paying the bills,
          driving the car to work or quietly reading a book, God dwells with us in
          each of these activities of the present moment, and as we concentrate on
          that, we begin to see the hidden beauty everywhere,flowing within us and
          around us.
          Thank you so much, Polly, for having this place where we can come
          and share our thoughts and feelings without any judgmentalism. It's a
          joy and a pleasure to know you and everyone here.

        • pattimaris1675@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
            Ron,
            Practicing love? Love is a natural energy, and comes from the inner heart,
            spirit, soul in each of us, it is not something we practice but simply go to
            the area of love and feel it, use it, send it out and receive it. There are
            no set rules, because it is natural.
            Thinking positive thoughts is the secret to feeling the love that is free and
            pure and always there for us to use, to feel. Fears or worries take us away
            and into the negative.
            So we try to stay positive even during rocky times. Because that is where
            love will meet you always.
            Pattimari
          • Ron Cogan
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000

              Dear Patti,

              I just put a message at the club for you and I thought that I had erased it, I can tell you this I am not sure that I will ever learn this crazy puter.   Oh by the way tell Sianna that no way can she join the club.  she is not old enough,  just joking.  I don't know if you are there or not so i sent this message like this.--RON

                pattimaris1675@... wrote:

              Ron,
              Practicing love?  Love is a natural energy, and comes from the inner heart,
              spirit, soul in each of us, it is not something we practice but simply go to
              the area of love and feel it, use it, send it out and receive it. There are
              no set rules, because it is natural.
              Thinking positive thoughts is the secret to feeling the love that is free and
              pure and always there for us to use, to feel. Fears or worries take us away
              and into the negative.
              So we try to stay positive even during rocky times.  Because that is where
              love will meet you always.
              Pattimari

              Posting message to this list:
              http://www.egroups.com/group/lovingpurelove

              Do You Yahoo!?

            • Karen Pennington
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
                Roses are red, Violets are blue
                If I love me, will you love you?
                It takes us loving ourselves first
                Before we can extend our love to others
                Before we can say, Roses are red, Violets are blue
                You can love me and I can love you.

                I know, I know. It's too kindergarteny; but it just
                sort of rolled out in response to the question and
                answer. I deeply apologize to all the true poets in
                our midsts. Love & Hugs, Karen
                --- pattimaris1675@... wrote:
                > Ron,
                > Practicing love? Love is a natural energy, and
                > comes from the inner heart,
                > spirit, soul in each of us, it is not something we
                > practice but simply go to
                > the area of love and feel it, use it, send it out
                > and receive it. There are
                > no set rules, because it is natural.
                > Thinking positive thoughts is the secret to feeling
                > the love that is free and
                > pure and always there for us to use, to feel. Fears
                > or worries take us away
                > and into the negative.
                > So we try to stay positive even during rocky times.
                > Because that is where
                > love will meet you always.
                > Pattimari

                http://photos.yahoo.com/
              • Karen Pennington
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
                  Hi JoAnn, I know exactly what you mean. If you just
                  look around you at everyday miracles that may not seem
                  so miraculous but are, it gives you a better
                  understanding of God's love for each of us. I can see
                  how some people were persecuted for their funny
                  beliefs because it is so beautiful as well as magical
                  I find myself humming. Which is odd for me because I'm
                  not much one to hum. But like you said, when negative
                  thoughts try to slip in, I stop them dead in their
                  tracks by forcing myself to think of something that
                  will make me smile - sort of like Peter Pan when he
                  was relearning how to fly - all he had to do was hold
                  on to that one special thought that lifted him up and
                  away he would fly. I like to sit and think sometimes,
                  just imagine what it would be like if . . . . and then
                  go off on my own merry minute vacation. I indulge my
                  fantasy with everything I want - of course, in my
                  case, most of it has to do with food and the eating of
                  it without gaining the weight. We must encourage
                  ourselves to find joy and then share it freely. Love &
                  hugs, Karen

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                • pattimaris1675@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
                    Running To Win

                    Did I catch you on the hill far away
                    looking down at me
                    watching, wondering, smiling at me
                    on my knees
                    with a red strike still felt upon my face
                    crushed and rolled over
                    and thrown
                    to the dark deep hole
                    falling like a grain of dust
                    meeting its bottom
                    to lie and feel
                    the tear of the wound
                    the blood oozing
                    falling like a grain
                    down
                    down
                    into the darkness

                    In the quickness of the falling
                    I saw it was myself
                    in the depths of the dark
                    Crawling to my mind
                    I opened the door
                    to the room
                    of light
                    pulled on the string

                    Creativity entered
                    and along came
                    Positive thoughts
                    that opened and touched my mind
                    entered into the halls of my heart
                    with all that lived in the heavens
                    cheered as I crawled out
                    into the fresh
                    soil
                    where my face embraced
                    opening closed windows
                    ah, in came Mighty Wind
                    to swiftly blow me
                    into warm positive shores
                    I knew was it all a dream
                    a dream while I slept
                    or a dream in my mind
                    Tall I stood
                    looking
                    watching
                    While standing tall feeling nature's love
                    nature's touch
                    caused a sensation within myself
                    and all of a sudden
                    I began running
                    and running
                    to win~

                    PattimariĀ©2000
                  • Karen Pennington
                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
                      How do we get answers if we don't ask the questions,
                      even if it feels like we're asking the wrong
                      questions. The only bad question is the one that is
                      thought but never asked. What are we are here for if
                      not to take each other by the hand so that none of us
                      will stumble and lose our way? Love & Hugs, Karen

                      http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                    • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                        Hi, Karen and everyone,
                        Peter Pan was one of my favorite stories as a child, and as I look
                        back on my life, I see that that's how I was able to go on sometimes -
                        that magical, marvellous power of our imaginations, which is more than
                        just make-believe or fantasy; it's like a powerful energy that can
                        transform the very structure of our reality.
                        We can actually transmute our negative thoughts and feelings into
                        positive realities by concentrating on their opposite until a balance is
                        acheived and harmony is restored. Life is as wonderful as we choose to
                        make it!

                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                          Exactly! And the beauty of it is, when we allow
                          ourselves to let go of negative thoughts, the energy
                          we have left is crystal pure. It's as if we have
                          unblocked our spiritual cores and the joy flows
                          freely. What a wonderful gift to share with those all
                          around us because as we all know there's a lot of
                          blocked up souls running around.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                            Ah JoAnn,
                            You are so right about magical marvelous power in imaginations. Our positive
                            thoughts are what create our day, night, tomorrow's. It is like a magical
                            genie.
                            Pattimari
                          • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                              Yes, and you know, thinking positive has sort of a magical "snowball"
                              effect. I remember when I first began practicing positive, loving
                              thoughts, it seemed very difficult. I had been so used to seeing things
                              in a negative way that the habit was very hard to break. But as the
                              weeks and months went by, I began to notice that it was now easier to
                              think positive and it became a joyous game to seek out the positive in
                              everything.
                              Once we catch the fragrance of our inner worth and beauty, there's
                              no stopping us until we become all we were meant to be!

                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                                Yep, once again there's another nail on the head. Love
                                and Hugs, Karen
                                --- JoAnnKite13@... wrote:
                                > Yes, and you know, thinking positive has sort of a
                                > magical "snowball"
                                > effect. I remember when I first began practicing
                                > positive, loving
                                > thoughts, it seemed very difficult. I had been so
                                > used to seeing things
                                > in a negative way that the habit was very hard to
                                > break. But as the
                                > weeks and months went by, I began to notice that it
                                > was now easier to
                                > think positive and it became a joyous game to seek
                                > out the positive in
                                > everything.
                                > Once we catch the fragrance of our inner worth
                                > and beauty, there's
                                > no stopping us until we become all we were meant to
                                > be!
                                > Love,
                                > JoAnn

                                http://community.webtv.net/JoAnnKite13/AlchemicalPoetry

                                http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                              • pterbias
                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 20, 2002
                                  This is an edited extract from the book "The Nine Freedoms":

                                  The Second Freedom Will Be LOVE.

                                  LOVE is a natural energy which is all pervasive, greater than mind,
                                  and can be contacted and brought into active manifestation.
                                  In its highest aspect it is above all forms of individualization. It
                                  is impersonal. It brings Freedom.
                                  LOVE is sacrifice, real sacrifice. It is more than a state of mind,
                                  it is a state of whole being (such is the condition of the gods and
                                  masters* ).
                                  The whole Cosmos is filled with this power, and we are invited to
                                  contact it, and use it, but let it be for the highest good!
                                  LOVE is something which is least understood, but much talked about,
                                  and is far greater than basic emotionalism. It is an active living
                                  thing.

                                  (*)my supplement
                                  Peter
                                • pterbias
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Nov 4, 2002
                                    LOVE
                                    This L-O-V-E is not recognised for what it Really Is, in absolute
                                    terms. It is an Energy which has different levels of existence
                                    mutable and transmutable upon all these levels back to its one basic
                                    source. It is The Third Creative Force, above and greater than Mind.
                                    For the Ascended Masters it is their whole Being. It is the most
                                    basic, and the final of all Freedoms.
                                    To manifest this Force is the function of the groups, or solitary
                                    individuals, which meditate in unison for world peace and
                                    enlightnement.

                                    In its highest form it is an irresistible power, and will multiply
                                    itself by a factor of Four, repeatedly, until it is accepted by
                                    whatever its target, until it is transmuted or destroyed. In this
                                    mode it is the the weapon wielded by the those who have attained the
                                    privilege, through the highest initiations as agents of transmutation.

                                    When using this force for world healing : hHold forth the
                                    outstretched palms level with the Heart centre. The power then
                                    streams out from the psychic centers of the palms and the heart
                                    centre. By holding the hands together in the orthodox way only holds
                                    it within the aura.

                                    I should imagine that it is the province of certain Devic agencies to
                                    consolidate the energy, and deliver it to approved areas.

                                    The important thing to be always aware of, is the danger of anything
                                    negative in intent which could interfere with individual freewill.

                                    (This is taken from the book The Nine Fredoms, and the lecture by
                                    George King)
                                  • nachiketan
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jun 29, 2004

                                      LOVE?

                                      Considering how little I know of love, it is interestingly my favorite topic.  I believe that Love is the Light that we seek, the benevolent energy force that moves the universe,  the Higher Power that guides us...

                                      When it comes to expressing and experiencing Love in my human relations, Love becomes more challenging.  Here are some things that I have learned about Love; what Love is and what Love is not.  Which category do your personal relations fall under?  (not only with others, but with yourself...)

                                      What Love Is Not:

                                       What Love Is:

                                      Complicated Simple

                                      Darkness Light

                                      Dishonor Respect

                                      Judgment Understanding

                                      Pretending Genuine

                                      Controlling Freedom

                                      Drama Gentleness

                                      Conflict Peace

                                      Self-seeking Giving

                                      Vengeance Mercy

                                      Superficial Complete

                                      Demanding Patience

                                      Cruelty  Kindness

                                      Proud  Humble

                                      Rejection Embracing

                                      Sorrow Joy

                                      Grasping Releasing

                                      Resentment Forgiveness

                                      Betrayal Loyalty

                                      Anger Benevolence

                                      Biased Open-minded

                                      Carelessness Commitment

                                      Shame Self-acceptance

                                      Restlessness Stillness

                                      Fear Faith

                                      Mystery Clarity

                                      Fantasy Reality

                                      Manipulation Letting Go

                                      Suspicion Trust

                                      Deception  Truth

                                      Cowardice Courage

                                      Wanting Gratitude

                                      Expectation Unconditional

                                      Pity Admiration

                                      Emptiness Fulfillment

                                      Degrading Uplifting

                                      Lack Wholeness

                                      Blind Awareness

                                      Martyrdom Receiving

                                      Draining Empowering

                                      Cunning Innocent

                                      Suffering  Surrender

                                      For Nothing The Source of All Miracles

                                      It's almost humorous looking at these lists in black and white, because it seems as if it would be a no-brainer to figure out the difference between what love is and love is not.

                                      Actually, I can honestly say that the "romantic" relationships that I have had, more often than not, were of the first column variety.  If you are in any relationship that you identify with the first column rather than the second... It is NOT LOVE. It is a pseudo-love masquerading as Love. As well, you might ask yourself: what is it exactly that is attracting you to this situation? Is it rewarding to you, or is it some strange form of punishment?

                                      Until your relationships are of the "second column" variety, you cannot experience the beauty that real love can bring. Ask yourself honestly-- you owe it to yourself. Are you playing the game of pseudo-love, or are you enjoying the real thing?

                                      I have truly come to appreciate the truth in that old saying: "You cannot Love another until you learn to Love yourself." It always begins with us... Don't attempt to seek outside yourself for love. It isn't something that we can "get" from another. It is something that we may be privileged enough to SHARE with others. When you learn to Love yourself, then you will be blessed.

                                      With Love!

                                      Author Unknown