I Forgive Easily When...

  • Carol Gustafson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2003
      I Forgive Easily When...

      I forgive easily when I remember that there are universal laws,
      which allow to happen to me only what I create, deserve
      and is beneficial for my evolutionary process.

      I forgive easily when I think that a just and wise Divine Being
      allowed the other to do whatever he or she did to me.

      I forgive easily when I understand that I exist within Divine Plan.
      That all is happening to me for my long-term benefit.

      I forgive easily when I realize that the other is an expression of
      the Divine with whom I have made a secret agreement to test my faith,
      love, understanding and inner strength.

      I forgive easily when I perceive the other as a soul who behaves
      in this because of ignorance of his true divine nature and out of
      fear and insecurity.

      I forgive easily when I remember all of my own mistakes and moments
      in which I have behaved without love or sensitivity having been
      mislead by my needs and fears.

      I forgive easily when I put myself in the other's position and
      realize the emptiness, confusion and pain, which lead him to
      these acts.

      I forgive easily when I take responsibility for my reality and
      remember that only I create in my mind what I feel.

      I forgive easily when I need nothing from the other and thus
      am no longer in a position to be hurt or disappointed.

      I forgive easily when I am free from the game of "who is right"
      and understand that saying, 'I forgive you" does not mean, "You
      were right", but simply that "I understand you and chose to love
      you as you are."

      I forgive easily when I am liberated from the role of the abused
      who needs abusers.

      I forgive others when I am free from the mistaken thought process,
      which says, "since I am the victim, the other is the abuser and I
      am good and the other is evil is I am worthy and he is not.

      The victim finds his security and self worth in being victimized,
      and believes that, if he forgives, then he loses his self-worth.

      I forgive easily when I remember Christ's words "Whoever has not
      sinned, let him throw the first stone."

      I wonder then, With right could I ever have not to forgive?

      Upon what perfection am I basing my right to condemn?

      I think, "He forgave those who crucified him, saying, 'They know
      not what they do.'" Because he saw them with through divine eyes
      although they remained totally ignorant of their Divine origin.

      And when Peter asked him, "How many times should we forgive, Seven
      times?" Christ answered, "No Peter, not seven times, but Seven
      times seventy times," In other words - without end.

      And when I am truly conscious, I also ask forgiveness from all who
      I have felt hurt or disappointed by my actions, voluntary or not.

      If possible, I seek to correct any wrong that has been done and
      desire to lessen their pain - if they allow me.

      Then I communicate with God, confess my weakness and acknowledge
      my mistakes and egoism.

      Then I forgive myself.

      When I forgive all including myself,
      We then all gather in love
      In my heart.

      TRUTHS WHICH AID FORGIVENESS

      Some truths which will help us forgive others are (some are based on
      various spiritual beliefs or Christian concepts which might not be
      acceptable to you or the subject):

      1. All happens according to a divine plan which brings me exactly
      what I need at every stage of my evolutionary process in order to
      learn the next lesson.

      2. Others are simply actors in my life drama, the script of which
      I write daily.

      3. Others are the hands of the divine showing me the direction in
      which I must go.

      4. All are souls in evolution, who act negatively out of ignorance
      and fear.

      5. Forgiving does not mean saying that what the other did was right,
      it simply means that I forgive his ignorance and weakness as a fellow
      soul in the evolutionary process.

      6. Forgiving does not make me vulnerable. Still needing something
      (security, affirmation, love) from the other make us vulnerable.
      Forgiving and loving without needing any thing from the other is
      my real protection.

      7. I am the sole creator of my reality. I abuse others when I hold
      them responsible for what I create.

      8. I have the power to create my life and need not hide behind excuses
      that I cannot because of something which others have done or are doing.

      9. As souls in the process of evolution we all make many mistakes.
      This is natural. What is unnatural is not forgiving ourselves and
      others for these mistakes.

      10. The other is a divine creation. Although he may not realize it,
      the divine is functioning through him. Not forgiving him, is to not
      forgive the divine.

      11. We create as much pain in the world when we feel hurt as when
      we hurt.

      12. And the words of Christ

      13. "Let he who has not sinned, throw the first stone."

      14. "Judge not, that you be not Judged."

      15. "You will be judged with the strictness with which you have
      judged."

      16. Peter asked Christ, "How many times should we forgive someone for
      what he has done, seven times?" Christ answered, " No Peter, Seven
      times seventy times."

      TRUTHS FOR SELF FORGIVENESS

      Warning

      The following truths can be misunderstood, misapplied and used as
      excuses for egotistical behavior. No truth should lead us to become
      indifferent to how our actions might affect others. Nor should they
      allow us to behave towards them in ways in which we would not like
      them to behave towards us.

      These truths are there to help us get free from the guilt, shame
      and doubt of the past, not to give license to do whatever we like
      in the future.

      1. All happens according to a divine plan, which brings to all
      exactly what we need at every stage of our evolutionary process in
      order to learn the next lesson. I may, in some cases, have been the
      instrument for that learning process for others. Thus, I am not the
      creator of their reality, but I can ask forgiveness for any selfish
      behaviors or negative emotions that I have had towards them.

      2. Others are simply actors in each person's life drama, the script
      of which each of us writes daily for ourselves.

      3. I, as all others, am a soul in evolution, who occasionally acts
      negatively out of ignorance and fear.

      4. Asking forgiveness does not mean that I am evil, but that I
      recognize my ignorance and want to get free from it. Admitting
      it is the first step towards that freedom.

      5. Asking for forgiveness does not demean me, but rather, frees me
      from the illusion on my ego.

      6. Each is the sole creator of his reality. I create no one else's
      reality.

      7. Each has the power to create his life and need not hide behind
      excuses that he cannot because of something that I or others have
      done or are doing. I refuse to be emotionally blackmailed by such
      situations.

      8. As souls in the process of evolution we all make many mistakes.
      This is natural. What is unnatural is to not forgive ourselves and
      others for these mistakes.

      9. I am a divine creation. The divine is functioning through me.
      Not forgiving myself, is to not forgive the divine.

      10. Let he who has not sinned, throw the first stone. Who is there
      to judge me?

      11. God's love for me is unconditional. I am loveable as I am, with
      all my mistakes.

      12. God has created me with my weaknesses. I cannot be judged for
      what has been divinely created. My destiny, however, is to free
      myself from my selfishness and ego-centeredness which are based
      on illusion.

      13. Peter asked Christ, "How many times should we forgive someone
      for what he has done, seven times?" Christ answered, " No Peter,
      Seven times seventy times." This also applies to ourselves.

      14. I love and accept myself exactly as I am.

      15. I appreciate and respect myself.

      16. There is within me an all-wise voice that leads me.

      17. I have the right and the responsibility to express my inner
      beauty and creativity.

      18. I deserve everyone's love and respect, regardless of my appearance,
      social position, profession, knowledge, achievements and of what others
      think of me.

      19. My self worth is the same as that of every other soul, no more no
      less.

      20. I am an eternal, divine consciousness in the process of developing
      the ability to express the beauty that exists within me.

      21. Everything is divine. There is no one or nothing that is not the
      expression of the one universal consciousness (God) - I am no
      exception.

      22. It is not necessary to live my life according to the convictions
      or expectations of my parents or of others. I can love, respect and
      help them, but live according to my principles, needs and convictions.

      Remember not to misuse these truths, but do use them properly to
      free yourself from the past and from the illusion of the ego.

      "Karen" <klparker@...>
      please include a link back to SS in forwarded material
      thank you kindly!  : )
      From  Spiritually Speaking
      Spiritually_Speaking-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      *Please Practice a Random Act Of Kindness today :)