LOVE

  • Ronald cogan
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 7, 2000
      Hello this is RON and I have a question. Tell me, is there a way to
      practice being a person who knows a lot of love, but have not been
      exposed to a lot of it in there life. Basicly I feel love for
      everything and everyone I come in contact with, but old behavors keep
      comming up from before, that seemed to hinder me expressing real
      love. RON I hope its ok to ask questions?
    • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
        Hi, Ron,
        We all have that seed of Love deep within us all the time. Even
        when we cover this up with old behaviors, that Love is still there
        inside us. It's what keeps us going from day to day. In Him (God) we
        live and move and have our being; and God is Love.
        Change comes about when we practice re-focusing our thoughts; in
        other words when we deliberately choose to concentrate on God's love to
        the exclusion of all else. As we think more and more about God's love,
        and look for it everywhere in our lives, those old behaviors have less
        and less energy to work with, and after a time, they dissipate from lack
        of attention. At first, this may seem almost impossible. The behaviors
        loom large, and the love seems far away. But each time you consciously
        choose to focus on the good things in life, you are actually building
        yourself a new life.
        God's love IS everywhere, Ron. Not just in some lofty metaphysical
        concepts, but right here, right now in front of our faces, and deep in
        our hearts. He's in the air you breathe, the sunshine that warms you,
        all around you, everywhere..
        I healed myself this way, one day at a time, by literally forcing
        myself to see the reality of God everywhere. And, believe me, I was a
        mess - filled with anger and self-pity, fear and hatred, seeing a
        psychiatrist twice a week and taking medication. But somehow, deep
        inside, I knew I was meant for better things, for a better, truer view
        of the world, so I took it step by step, day by day, until now I truly
        see God everywhere and have found genuine peace and happiness for the
        first time in my life, and I no longer need medication or therapy. So I
        know you can do it, too.
        Those old behaviors are NOT the real you. The REAL you is made in
        the image of God, filled with wonder and joy, a natural part of God's
        creation. You do have the power to change your life. Focus your
        attention on this real you and thereby learn to love yourself as God
        means you to do, and you will begin to see a miracle of transformation
        in your life.

        Love & Light,
        JoAnn

        http://community.webtv.net/JoAnnKite13/AlchemicalPoetry
      • pmenendez@myexcel.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
          Good Morning Ron, JoAnn, and Everyone here,

          Ron has asked a good question, how can we know love and express love?
          Seems to me, we each respond to that call in a myriad of ways.

          JoAnn shares that with concentrated pondering on God's love, we begin
          to see this love in our surroundings, appreciation grows, old
          behaviors fall away, a new life of love and appreciation is
          building. Yeah !!!

          As for the expressing, this will be from within us, out to ... God as
          a whole, community or group, and to family and individuals. And the
          expression may just be a touch, a smile, a kind word, doing physical
          tasks lovingly (cleaning windows, etc.), voicing your love, care, and
          affection, sharing your creativity in art and poetry, et al, singing,
          making people feel happier when they are down. I'm sure the list
          goes on.

          Within us is the creative power to respond and create situations
          lovingly, or at least calmly and peacefully. This must be said,
          since we are not always confronted with easy situations. People get
          stressed or pushy, and we need to do our part to keep situations from
          turning sour. This is when we need to be able to pull from our inner
          securities to either offer something positive and loving from our
          inner storehouse or ask for a temporary cease while we ponder what
          can be done.

          Enough cannot be said for appreciation and gratitude. You'll often
          hear the wisest people talking about gratitude. It seems that
          without a continual inner thankfulness, we may quickly find ourselves
          out of harmony. With gratitude continually flowing, we humbly take a
          small place in the vast universe and recognize our love and unity
          from there. Being this tiny part of a magnificent universe fills us
          with awe, wonder, and joy. Patti expresses this beautifully in her
          poetry. Keep them coming, Patti.

          I encourage everyone here to be expressive. No matter in what form
          it comes. Send out something positive and loving, and it will be
          returned to you.

          Love to all, Polly
        • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
            Hi, Polly, Ron & everyone,
            Oh, yes, Polly, gratitude was one of the biggest factors in my
            healing, that I forgot to mention in my last e-mail. We all have many
            things to be grateful for in life, and concentrating on these things
            works a wonderful transformation in our hearts. Whenever I would catch
            myself falling into that pit of negativity, I turned my attention to the
            reality of the blessings in my life, even very simple things like a warm
            coat on a cold day, the birds singing outside my window, the hot meal
            that was on my table.
            And another thing that's really important is living in the present
            moment. The past is gone, the future is yet to be -- all we ever really
            have is this present moment, and that's where God's love dwells.
            Whether it's washing windows, like you said, or paying the bills,
            driving the car to work or quietly reading a book, God dwells with us in
            each of these activities of the present moment, and as we concentrate on
            that, we begin to see the hidden beauty everywhere,flowing within us and
            around us.
            Thank you so much, Polly, for having this place where we can come
            and share our thoughts and feelings without any judgmentalism. It's a
            joy and a pleasure to know you and everyone here.
            Love,

          • pattimaris1675@aol.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
              Ron,
              Practicing love? Love is a natural energy, and comes from the inner heart,
              spirit, soul in each of us, it is not something we practice but simply go to
              the area of love and feel it, use it, send it out and receive it. There are
              no set rules, because it is natural.
              Thinking positive thoughts is the secret to feeling the love that is free and
              pure and always there for us to use, to feel. Fears or worries take us away
              and into the negative.
              So we try to stay positive even during rocky times. Because that is where
              love will meet you always.
              Pattimari
            • Ron Cogan
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000

                Dear Patti,

                I just put a message at the club for you and I thought that I had erased it, I can tell you this I am not sure that I will ever learn this crazy puter.   Oh by the way tell Sianna that no way can she join the club.  she is not old enough,  just joking.  I don't know if you are there or not so i sent this message like this.--RON

                  pattimaris1675@... wrote:

                Ron,
                Practicing love?  Love is a natural energy, and comes from the inner heart,
                spirit, soul in each of us, it is not something we practice but simply go to
                the area of love and feel it, use it, send it out and receive it. There are
                no set rules, because it is natural.
                Thinking positive thoughts is the secret to feeling the love that is free and
                pure and always there for us to use, to feel. Fears or worries take us away
                and into the negative.
                So we try to stay positive even during rocky times.  Because that is where
                love will meet you always.
                Pattimari

                Posting message to this list:
                http://www.egroups.com/group/lovingpurelove

                Do You Yahoo!?

              • Karen Pennington
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
                  Roses are red, Violets are blue
                  If I love me, will you love you?
                  It takes us loving ourselves first
                  Before we can extend our love to others
                  Before we can say, Roses are red, Violets are blue
                  You can love me and I can love you.

                  I know, I know. It's too kindergarteny; but it just
                  sort of rolled out in response to the question and
                  answer. I deeply apologize to all the true poets in
                  our midsts. Love & Hugs, Karen
                  --- pattimaris1675@... wrote:
                  > Ron,
                  > Practicing love? Love is a natural energy, and
                  > comes from the inner heart,
                  > spirit, soul in each of us, it is not something we
                  > practice but simply go to
                  > the area of love and feel it, use it, send it out
                  > and receive it. There are
                  > no set rules, because it is natural.
                  > Thinking positive thoughts is the secret to feeling
                  > the love that is free and
                  > pure and always there for us to use, to feel. Fears
                  > or worries take us away
                  > and into the negative.
                  > So we try to stay positive even during rocky times.
                  > Because that is where
                  > love will meet you always.
                  > Pattimari

                  http://photos.yahoo.com/
                • Karen Pennington
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
                    Hi JoAnn, I know exactly what you mean. If you just
                    look around you at everyday miracles that may not seem
                    so miraculous but are, it gives you a better
                    understanding of God's love for each of us. I can see
                    how some people were persecuted for their funny
                    beliefs because it is so beautiful as well as magical
                    I find myself humming. Which is odd for me because I'm
                    not much one to hum. But like you said, when negative
                    thoughts try to slip in, I stop them dead in their
                    tracks by forcing myself to think of something that
                    will make me smile - sort of like Peter Pan when he
                    was relearning how to fly - all he had to do was hold
                    on to that one special thought that lifted him up and
                    away he would fly. I like to sit and think sometimes,
                    just imagine what it would be like if . . . . and then
                    go off on my own merry minute vacation. I indulge my
                    fantasy with everything I want - of course, in my
                    case, most of it has to do with food and the eating of
                    it without gaining the weight. We must encourage
                    ourselves to find joy and then share it freely. Love &
                    hugs, Karen

                    http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                  • pattimaris1675@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
                      Running To Win

                      Did I catch you on the hill far away
                      looking down at me
                      watching, wondering, smiling at me
                      on my knees
                      with a red strike still felt upon my face
                      crushed and rolled over
                      and thrown
                      to the dark deep hole
                      falling like a grain of dust
                      meeting its bottom
                      to lie and feel
                      the tear of the wound
                      the blood oozing
                      falling like a grain
                      down
                      down
                      into the darkness

                      In the quickness of the falling
                      I saw it was myself
                      in the depths of the dark
                      Crawling to my mind
                      I opened the door
                      to the room
                      of light
                      pulled on the string

                      Creativity entered
                      and along came
                      Positive thoughts
                      that opened and touched my mind
                      entered into the halls of my heart
                      with all that lived in the heavens
                      cheered as I crawled out
                      into the fresh
                      soil
                      where my face embraced
                      opening closed windows
                      ah, in came Mighty Wind
                      to swiftly blow me
                      into warm positive shores
                      I knew was it all a dream
                      a dream while I slept
                      or a dream in my mind
                      Tall I stood
                      looking
                      watching
                      While standing tall feeling nature's love
                      nature's touch
                      caused a sensation within myself
                      and all of a sudden
                      I began running
                      and running
                      to win~

                      PattimariĀ©2000
                    • Karen Pennington
                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 8, 2000
                        How do we get answers if we don't ask the questions,
                        even if it feels like we're asking the wrong
                        questions. The only bad question is the one that is
                        thought but never asked. What are we are here for if
                        not to take each other by the hand so that none of us
                        will stumble and lose our way? Love & Hugs, Karen

                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                          Hi, Karen and everyone,
                          Peter Pan was one of my favorite stories as a child, and as I look
                          back on my life, I see that that's how I was able to go on sometimes -
                          that magical, marvellous power of our imaginations, which is more than
                          just make-believe or fantasy; it's like a powerful energy that can
                          transform the very structure of our reality.
                          We can actually transmute our negative thoughts and feelings into
                          positive realities by concentrating on their opposite until a balance is
                          acheived and harmony is restored. Life is as wonderful as we choose to
                          make it!

                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                            Exactly! And the beauty of it is, when we allow
                            ourselves to let go of negative thoughts, the energy
                            we have left is crystal pure. It's as if we have
                            unblocked our spiritual cores and the joy flows
                            freely. What a wonderful gift to share with those all
                            around us because as we all know there's a lot of
                            blocked up souls running around.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                              Ah JoAnn,
                              You are so right about magical marvelous power in imaginations. Our positive
                              thoughts are what create our day, night, tomorrow's. It is like a magical
                              genie.
                              Pattimari
                            • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                                Yes, and you know, thinking positive has sort of a magical "snowball"
                                effect. I remember when I first began practicing positive, loving
                                thoughts, it seemed very difficult. I had been so used to seeing things
                                in a negative way that the habit was very hard to break. But as the
                                weeks and months went by, I began to notice that it was now easier to
                                think positive and it became a joyous game to seek out the positive in
                                everything.
                                Once we catch the fragrance of our inner worth and beauty, there's
                                no stopping us until we become all we were meant to be!

                                Message 15 of 18 , Dec 11, 2000
                                  Yep, once again there's another nail on the head. Love
                                  and Hugs, Karen
                                  --- JoAnnKite13@... wrote:
                                  > Yes, and you know, thinking positive has sort of a
                                  > magical "snowball"
                                  > effect. I remember when I first began practicing
                                  > positive, loving
                                  > thoughts, it seemed very difficult. I had been so
                                  > used to seeing things
                                  > in a negative way that the habit was very hard to
                                  > break. But as the
                                  > weeks and months went by, I began to notice that it
                                  > was now easier to
                                  > think positive and it became a joyous game to seek
                                  > out the positive in
                                  > everything.
                                  > Once we catch the fragrance of our inner worth
                                  > and beauty, there's
                                  > no stopping us until we become all we were meant to
                                  > be!
                                  > Love,
                                  > JoAnn

                                  http://community.webtv.net/JoAnnKite13/AlchemicalPoetry

                                  http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                                • pterbias
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 20, 2002
                                    This is an edited extract from the book "The Nine Freedoms":

                                    The Second Freedom Will Be LOVE.

                                    LOVE is a natural energy which is all pervasive, greater than mind,
                                    and can be contacted and brought into active manifestation.
                                    In its highest aspect it is above all forms of individualization. It
                                    is impersonal. It brings Freedom.
                                    LOVE is sacrifice, real sacrifice. It is more than a state of mind,
                                    it is a state of whole being (such is the condition of the gods and
                                    masters* ).
                                    The whole Cosmos is filled with this power, and we are invited to
                                    contact it, and use it, but let it be for the highest good!
                                    LOVE is something which is least understood, but much talked about,
                                    and is far greater than basic emotionalism. It is an active living
                                    thing.

                                    (*)my supplement
                                    Peter
                                  • pterbias
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Nov 4, 2002
                                      LOVE
                                      This L-O-V-E is not recognised for what it Really Is, in absolute
                                      terms. It is an Energy which has different levels of existence
                                      mutable and transmutable upon all these levels back to its one basic
                                      source. It is The Third Creative Force, above and greater than Mind.
                                      For the Ascended Masters it is their whole Being. It is the most
                                      basic, and the final of all Freedoms.
                                      To manifest this Force is the function of the groups, or solitary
                                      individuals, which meditate in unison for world peace and
                                      enlightnement.

                                      In its highest form it is an irresistible power, and will multiply
                                      itself by a factor of Four, repeatedly, until it is accepted by
                                      whatever its target, until it is transmuted or destroyed. In this
                                      mode it is the the weapon wielded by the those who have attained the
                                      privilege, through the highest initiations as agents of transmutation.

                                      When using this force for world healing : hHold forth the
                                      outstretched palms level with the Heart centre. The power then
                                      streams out from the psychic centers of the palms and the heart
                                      centre. By holding the hands together in the orthodox way only holds
                                      it within the aura.

                                      I should imagine that it is the province of certain Devic agencies to
                                      consolidate the energy, and deliver it to approved areas.

                                      The important thing to be always aware of, is the danger of anything
                                      negative in intent which could interfere with individual freewill.

                                      (This is taken from the book The Nine Fredoms, and the lecture by
                                      George King)
                                    • nachiketan
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jun 29, 2004

                                        LOVE?

                                        Considering how little I know of love, it is interestingly my favorite topic.  I believe that Love is the Light that we seek, the benevolent energy force that moves the universe,  the Higher Power that guides us...

                                        When it comes to expressing and experiencing Love in my human relations, Love becomes more challenging.  Here are some things that I have learned about Love; what Love is and what Love is not.  Which category do your personal relations fall under?  (not only with others, but with yourself...)

                                        What Love Is Not:

                                         What Love Is:

                                        Complicated Simple

                                        Darkness Light

                                        Dishonor Respect

                                        Judgment Understanding

                                        Pretending Genuine

                                        Controlling Freedom

                                        Drama Gentleness

                                        Conflict Peace

                                        Self-seeking Giving

                                        Vengeance Mercy

                                        Superficial Complete

                                        Demanding Patience

                                        Cruelty  Kindness

                                        Proud  Humble

                                        Rejection Embracing

                                        Sorrow Joy

                                        Grasping Releasing

                                        Resentment Forgiveness

                                        Betrayal Loyalty

                                        Anger Benevolence

                                        Biased Open-minded

                                        Carelessness Commitment

                                        Shame Self-acceptance

                                        Restlessness Stillness

                                        Fear Faith

                                        Mystery Clarity

                                        Fantasy Reality

                                        Manipulation Letting Go

                                        Suspicion Trust

                                        Deception  Truth

                                        Cowardice Courage

                                        Wanting Gratitude

                                        Expectation Unconditional

                                        Pity Admiration

                                        Emptiness Fulfillment

                                        Degrading Uplifting

                                        Lack Wholeness

                                        Blind Awareness

                                        Martyrdom Receiving

                                        Draining Empowering

                                        Cunning Innocent

                                        Suffering  Surrender

                                        For Nothing The Source of All Miracles

                                        It's almost humorous looking at these lists in black and white, because it seems as if it would be a no-brainer to figure out the difference between what love is and love is not.

                                        Actually, I can honestly say that the "romantic" relationships that I have had, more often than not, were of the first column variety.  If you are in any relationship that you identify with the first column rather than the second... It is NOT LOVE. It is a pseudo-love masquerading as Love. As well, you might ask yourself: what is it exactly that is attracting you to this situation? Is it rewarding to you, or is it some strange form of punishment?

                                        Until your relationships are of the "second column" variety, you cannot experience the beauty that real love can bring. Ask yourself honestly-- you owe it to yourself. Are you playing the game of pseudo-love, or are you enjoying the real thing?

                                        I have truly come to appreciate the truth in that old saying: "You cannot Love another until you learn to Love yourself." It always begins with us... Don't attempt to seek outside yourself for love. It isn't something that we can "get" from another. It is something that we may be privileged enough to SHARE with others. When you learn to Love yourself, then you will be blessed.

                                        With Love!

                                        Author Unknown