Reflecting on blessings and those in need

  • pmenendez@myexcel.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2000
      It is time to be grateful for our joys and blessings and also
      strengthen our care and compassion for the many whose essential needs
      are not being met.

      I received these statistics in the email.

      And thanks to each of you for being a part of this egroup. Hope
      you've had a chance to click into the egreeting!

      Happy Thanksgiving, Polly

      ==============================

      In the spirit of Thanksgiving...

      If you woke up this morning with more health than illness...you
      are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

      If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness
      of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of
      starvation...you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

      If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest,
      torture, or death...you are more blessed than three billion people in
      the world.

      If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a
      roof overhead and a place to sleep...you are richer than 75% of this
      world.

      If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in
      a dish someplace...you are among the top 8% of the world's
      wealthy.

      If your parents are still alive and still married...you are very
      rare, even in the United States.

      If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly
      thankful..you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

      If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the
      shoulder...you are blessed because you can offer healing touch.

      If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing
      in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more
      blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at
      all.

      Have a good day, count your blessings, and pass this along to
      remind everyone else how blessed we all are.

      Dr. Ronn DeKock, LLC

      Dr. Gianmichael Salvato & Dean
      Sandoval

      VISIONQuest Entrepreneur's