Re: << lovingpurelove >> Fwd: virus fyi

  • DC Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      Found at:

      http://vmyths.com/hoax.cfm?id=277&page=3

      Life is Beautiful virus

      This hoax alert warns everyone to look out for emails with an attachment
      called "Life is Beautiful.PPS". According to the hoax, if you click on the
      attachment, your computer will be infected with a dangerous computer virus.

      Like most virus hoaxes, it claims antivirus firms "are not capable of
      destroying it" and it urges you to "make a copy of this email to all your
      friends." The hoax bolsters its claims by insisting the supposed virus
      writer "aims to destroying domestic PCs and who also fights Microsoft in
      court! That's why it comes disguised with extension pps. He fights in court
      for the Windows-XP patent."

      Variants of this hoax appear in different languages. Vmyths believes this
      hoax originated in another language, and we assume well-meaning users
      translated the hoax alert as a (misguided) public service. (The statement
      "make a copy of this email to all your friends" almost certainly derived
      from a poor English translation.)

      --08/17/02