Loving the Self

  • DrSABrown
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      Dear Friends in Spirit,

      It is always beneficial to replace judgment of Self with Love for Self. In
      so doing we are then able to free ourselves from the illusions of sin and
      guilt and thus no longer project it upon others. In so doing, our own vanity
      oftentimes disguised as unworthiness, for it is self serving, gives way to
      humility, and we become able to first forgive ourselves and then others.

      One of the most interesting misunderstandings that man has of the
      crucifixion, is that it has left him with a generic guilt for the sacrifice
      that Jesus ostensibly made for him. Few, if any grasp the insidiousness of
      this vision that many constantly hold before themselves of another having
      died for their so called sins. When man moves from the place of spiritual
      entitlement in expecting his love for another to replace his responsibility
      for his own actions and give him the keys to the kingdom of heaven, he
      begins the gradual journey into spiritual maturity and learns that
      experience is a blessing and not punishment.

      Here man faces himself in honesty and is willing to discover the causes
      within his observed effects and then change the choices he had previously
      made. One of the most profound secrets of life is that our reaction to
      something and the ensuing inner disturbance holds within it a key to a new
      and greater state of consciousness. Those who are imprisoned within the
      illusion of guilt and sin are not free to explore the moment and gather the
      treasures of heaven made apparent in their lives by God's eternal Fold of
      Grace. For man, unbeknownst to himself, lives, moves and breathes in the
      Body of God. It is Love of Self, the true Self, that opens man to accepting
      God's Love. Then man is able to be the golden heart through which God's Love
      expresses ITSELF to others. In this way, man comes into the realization of
      Jesus' simple and profound message: Love thy neighbor as thyself and love
      thy Lord thy God with all thy heart and mind and soul.

      Much Love in Spirit,

      Stephen (Dak976 at Yahoo Messenger)
      Send email to SurvivingSpiritually-subscribe@yahoogroups.com